HQP NAA - Raspberry Pi

Yes, on NAA OS image too you edit config.txt to enable overlays, as usual.

List of supported overlays is on my website under HQPlayer Embedded installation instructions page. The same list applies to both NAA OS and HQPlayer OS images.

Thanks Jussi! The Hifiberry Digi+ I/O isn’t listed there. I how it works although.

I think either hifiberry-digi or hifiberry-digi-pro should work. IIRC, latter one has on-board oscillators while former one uses clock generated by RPi.

Hi Jussi!

A question in this aspects: is it possible to use NAA as HQPlayer input device backend at the same time while using NAA as output device backend?

I think I remember an error messages regarding this saying input and output device backend cannot be the same.

regards
Dirk

Backend for input and output can be the same, except for ASIO.

Input and output device cannot be the same though.

So NAA input and output is fine, just needs to be a different NAA.

Question to anyone who can clarify.

I have been running HQP embedded on a RPi and using usb to DAC.

I have just picked up a Mac mini and want to swap to HQP Desktop.

What image do I now burn onto the SD card? So I can use the RPi as NAA?

Is it that simple?

You can get it here, just choose the one for rpi
https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/

Thanks Stefano. Once the image is burned, is there anything else I need?

Nothing to do … just put it in the rpi and power on it, no configuration is needed

I’m rather excited. Cheers

1 Like

https://www.signalyst.eu/bins/naa/images/naa-420-raspberrypi4.7z

I want to have a look at Audiolense next….be prepared😃

1 Like

Better to Ask specific Audiolense questions here :
Audiolense User Forum | AV NIRVANA

But once you created the correction filters, then of course if you need help importing into HQP then you can ask in the other thread here on Roon forum .

Hi Gents

I’ve not got Desktop and the NAA communicating. I burned the NAA image onto SD, and loaded it into the RPI. Turned on the DAC and then the RPi. But could not see the DAC in settings on Desktop.

Have you any ideas what steps I’ve possibly missed?

I’m using a brand new Mac mini, and only loaded Desktop today. Roon is on a separate NUC using Ubuntu. NAA is on a RPi4 usb to Ares 2 DAC. Everything using Ethernet.

In Roon, I added the Mac’s ip and created a “zone”. But I’m not sure what I should be doing in HQP desktop settings

Please check that the WiFi interface on Mac Mini is turned off.

Did you try with both “Network Audio” and “Network Audio IPv6” backends?

This sounds like a network issue. HQPlayer uses multicasts for discovery. Either multicast is not finding it’s way to the RPi, or the response is not getting back to HQPlayer. I’m assuming RPi is getting IP from DHCP without issue.

Is the network infra with a router and a simple unmanaged switch, or are there smart switches involved?

At Roon side, you don’t need to do more. At HQPlayer side, check that the “Allow network control” button is pressed down in the toolbar. Then, overall other audio settings like DSP settings and output device is selected and controlled at HQPlayer side. From Roon’s perspective, HQPlayer is the endpoint.

I saw that WiFi was turned on. I’ll give this a go

Yep, tried both.

Yep, unmanaged switch. And I’d clicked on the Allow the Network to be controlled button.

Thanks Jussi. I’ll flick off the WiFi

Also fully boot your RPi4 NAA first, before opening HQP Desktop app

Will do. Thanks

Hmm still the same after. Re- burning the image on a different sd. Leaving DAC on and re-booting RPi, with HQP desktop off.

Turned WiFi off. Opened up Desktop, but settings are not showing the DAC still.

Was there anything I should’ve configured with the image.

In settings, what should I have in the cd drive box?

How does my NUC send a signal to HQP on the Mac?

“Allow network control” enabled like Jussi mentioned?

Can you show a screenshot of your HQP settings page?