HQPE often unavailable in ROON's Audio Zone

Hello

I have a problem when starting Ronn server/Hqplayer on my Pc host, the HQplayer is not found.

I have an AMD Ryzen host PC with Gentooplayer/Roonserveur/Hqplayer Embeded connected by ethernet via a Jcat Net card XE network card.

the Target PC is running AMD Ryzen with Gentooplayer and Diretta, also connected via ethernet using a Jcat Net card XE.

the stream is sent via a USB link on the Jcat XE card to the Holo Spring 3 level 2 DAC.

when I launch Roon server/Hqpalyer Embedded, it doesn’t find the HQplayer in the roon audio zone

I have to reboot my network box for it to find it???

thank you for your feedback

Jean-Luc

Roon doesn’t support finding HQPlayer instances, so you need to manually configure the HQPlayer IP address in Roon.

Hello

this is what i did i put the ip address of the host pc in the zone and add, only when i turn it off and on, it works 1 time on it’s very weird.

Does HQPlayer work standalone without issues? I would recommend though to use HQPlayer NAA instead of Diretta to avoid issues.

and how do you configure it?

is it in Gentooplayer’s options?

I put you the 2 decrans cover of Gentooplayer and HQPE to know if it is indeed the NAA point of Hqplayer?

I’ve never used GentooPlayer, but I guess that’s the one you need to have enabled at the endpoint.

1 Like