HQPlayer and HRA

@Miska
How can I setup HQPlayer for use with HRA?
The manual if no help.

Would be quick start guide be of help?

https://www.signalyst.com/quickstart.html

Essentially you connect to HQPlayer server, select the HRA Streaming service and it’ll ask you to login.

Thank you!

I can use HRA with DSD 128, polysincext2 and ASDM7ECv2.
Qobuz works with DSD256.
Lower DSD rates with HRA are probably caused by lack of bandwidth on their side.
Still, I am very happy. Excellent, @Miska, excellent work.

1 Like

@jussi_laako
When streaming an album in HRA, I never can play the whole album. Usually it stops after 2 or 3 songs.
I have to press play again.
Happens all the time. No crashes, just stops.
Do others have these issues?

@miklats - Do you have a license or are you just using the trial? The trial will stop playing after 30 mins and you have to restart it. If you do have a license you might need to reapply it and then this issue should go away.

I have a license.

That problem happens with HRA streaming. It never appeared with local files Thus far, I haven’t seen it with Qobuz neither. That is still pending, due to lack of testing.
Seems the troublemaker is HRA. This streaming service might need a special treatment. It took Audirvana years to get it right.

1 Like

Well, also happens with Qobuz. Plays three tracks, then stops.

1 Like

Yes, I have experienced that with Qobuz and don’t have HRA.

In my case the Client is 4.15.1 but the Desktop Server is 4.15. I will be updating the Server to match and see if that affects the issue.

1 Like

I have hqplayer and qobuz on server and no problems.

@miska
Please look into this.
Streaming Robert Plant/Alison Krauss - Raise the Roof from HRA. Stops after the first 2 songs. I must start again with song no.3. etc…

thank you!

@miska
4.15.2 fixed these problems. Now works.
Thank you for the fast fix.
All ok with Qobuz and HRA.

1 Like