HQPlayer Client setup add host for later use

I am trying to setup the HQPlayer client for usage using an embedded 5.X setup.

I can not figure out how I may add a local network machine (RFC1918) to the client and store it.

If I type the IP address into the bar, everything works as expected.
If I close the player, I need to re enter this value.

Where may I add entries to the client for storage and later usage?
May I setup the windows launcher with a --host= parameter?

Thank you.

I can add some command line argument for the purpose. I will add such to my TODO-list.

I have also some other items for this entry to be done. But usually the HQPlayer server should automatically appear on the list by the auto-discovery.

I am on a fresh windows 11 install not an upgrade if it helps. I think programs are working differently if you go win 10 → win 11 vs clean win 11 install, but I’m no longer paid to file that stuff . . .

Turning off the firewall didn’t help. My ifi zenstream dns does work using mDNS discovery. HQPlayer does populate as a uPNP server using HQPlayerEmbedded5 or something.
As points of reference.

Is the Windows network type set to Private? If Public all incoming connections will be blocked

Good advice thank you.

I verified it is set to use private network and connected.

I’ve turned off the firewall. Public and private. I hate doing that even to check stuff but it catches things I’ve derped. I have my VPN shut down for testing also.

Nothing appears, refreshing the pulldown logs me out of the remote server. two different applications see the server on my desktop as HQPlayerEmbedded:SignalystHQPlayer5 for the broadcast name (via uPNP I believe)

Pasting that broadcast name into the hqplayer client (5.0.2) did not connect. Worth trying I thought.

If I use the IP or my dns it works. But I’m lazy; me no want type me want point and drool.

I turned the firewall back on.

Does it work if you type
hqplayer.local
or
http://hqplayer.local

1 Like

Most typical reason for auto-discovery not working are multiple active network interfaces. Either more than one hardware interface, or in addition to hardware interface some virtual interface driver, such as VPN.

By default, discovery multicasts go where the default route is, which points towards your internet connection. If the multicast goes out of wrong interface, it is not heard by the HQPlayer server.

Another potential problem is that the unicast response is not coming back, but you already have firewall off, so it shouldn’t get blocked there.

1 Like

Well, I have multiple network connections, a bunch of routes. tap devices etc. so it was a nightmare.

I disabled and stripped out as much as I could and still have a functioning system. I was not successful in getting the mDNS name to populate.

I WAS able to get NAA working on this host using a local DAC/Amp.

Big win for me.

Auto-discovery of NAA and HQPlayer are very similar. So if one of these work, the other should too.

In your case, the question is if the multicast goes to a correct interface. (no mDNS in play here though)

1 Like

Good day to everyone.
Yussi, I know you are a very busy person, but I still want to ask you about the support of hq player client for tablets on the Android OS?
Hqpd control is a great program, but it does not support Qobuz, Alex says that he will not add Qobuz

Technically it is possible, but one major annoyance for Android and iOS are Play Store and AppStore.

Intel based Microsoft Surface tablets already work fine with Windows 11.

1 Like

And if you just make an apk file?

Is it possible to filter by genre in Qobuz when using the search window I. Hqplayer Client 5 ? As example I would like to show only classical or jazz under new releases or library .

Thanks
Rob

I don’t think Qobuz API supports such.