HQplayer does not answer

I have been running HQplayer desktop on Fedora with Raspberry pi 4 as NAA for 3 months with very good results but yesterday I got this fault.

I have restarted all computors several times with the same result.
The DAC is showing DSD 2,82 MHz, something I never used. Where does this info come from when HQplayer is not working. I have also installed the ropeee update but still the same fault.

Shut everything off again and first started the DAC. No info on format. Started Raspberry pi and now the info came: DSD 2,82 MHz. Started HQplayer and Roon but still have the same fault: HQplayer does not answer!

I am using Fedora 36! May this be the problem? Linux is recommending Fedora 38 ( 36 is not serviced anymore). HQplayer says 37. Does Hqplayer accept 38?

Now I disengaged the Pi and play directly from the HQplayer computor to the DAC and it works with Fedora 36 as before. So something is wrong with the Pi?! I have it in an aluminium box to shield it. May it get to hot?

I restarted again without Roon Rock and now I could find the NAA and the DAC in HQplayer. But when I started Roon the message came again. Can something be wrong with the latest Roon update?

It looked like this until I started Roon Rock.Then it looked like this again.

And the DAC has this info. I havent played DSD since 4 months so where does this come from?

Please can someone help me!

I am now playing Roon Rock through the Pi to the DAC and it works!

Roon Rock with HQplayer and DAC works.

But Roon Rock/Hqplayer/Pi/DAC does not work.

Can somebody Please help me!

So, you are saying that Ropieee’s NAA endpoint stopped working a few days ago?
If that is so, we should move this thread to Ropieee section and address @spockfish to hear if anyone else has seen this?

1 Like

Did you see this?

1 Like

Good idea!

No, I did not. It mesns I should install It? I Will try!

I can’t say for sure, and it’s a long shot. I don’t think it’ll hurt to try though?

1 Like

Thank you!:grin:

1 Like

I installed Fedora 38 and now it works including Ropieee!:sunglasses:

1 Like

So, basically you were one of the 0,1% who was affected by the lack of update of certificate issuers and their root certs…

1 Like

I dont know the cause! It is working again with Fedora 39 which I happened to download in stead of 38. But I do not know if it is stable as I notice some problems.

1 Like