HQPlayer Embedded Discussion [2021-2022]

I think Jussi has DACs that have USB 3.0 ports. It’s more flexible in future too.

I am using the 7055-B USB 2.0 version (5kV isolation model) right now at DSD512 , no worries. Feeding SMSL D-6 running in ‘DSD Direct’ mode.

2 Likes

Great news :newspaper:! And looking forward to trying new NAA! Question is there a bootable version for a Intel machine?

Thanks for update on isolator too

Should I get a second for ifi Neo IDSD? Or no need?

Depends on how good the USB implementation of the iDSD is whether it would benefit or not from the isolator. I don’t know the USB details of the iDSD, maybe someone does? Or, buy just one and try it on the iDSD to find out if you notice an improvement.

1 Like

Yes, this should work too:

which I use with my T+A DAC200 and HA200.

I just mentioned the USB 3.0 model since it is the exact one I’m using with the Accuphase.

The USB 3.0 is better choice for example for Holo Audio (not really necessary though) and iFi which both have USB 3.0 inputs. (the bigger blue type-B)

2 Likes

Yes, there are two. The regular x64 and then x64ramfs.

RasPi4 one should be fine too.

1 Like

Sorry for the redundancy, so:

naa-425-x64ramfs.7z

Etcher the image to USB stick and boot my PC as NAA right?

Yes, extract the 7-Zip archive and then use Etcher to write the .img image file to a USB stick.

You can also use the regular x64 image.

1 Like

Looooove it! Freshly burned!
Finally you got it!! Congratulations :tada:

4 Likes

Interesting the NAA Rpi4 USB works fine but the Mini PC NAA doesn’t.

Sound improved time definition and brightness

1 Like

Both cases are with the same DAC or different DAC for each?

For issue with Mini PC NAA: do you have a USB 2.0 hub around? Doesn’t need to be externally powered hub - try to add that between Intona + DAC

1 Like

Both cases with same DAC, the issue is on the NAA side, if not working the green light will blink. Will experiment later adding 5v on the Aux. port.

I have a voltage Amp question, any difference for a computer to use 12 volts/2a to 12V/3a?

Which DAC? Is it USB powered? In which case Intona won’t be supplying enough so need to use AUX. If its not USB powered, should not need AUX power.

See my suggestion above about USB 2.0 hub . Recommend you try that.

There is technical explanation on Intona forum by the designer why this often fixes issues.

I had this issue with 1 DAC and not others - simple small USB hub below fixed my issue

https://www.amazon.com/Onvian-Port-USB-Hub-Splitter/dp/B071JTSMVQ/

I tried putting the Aux usb power 5v /1a but when I connect the small PC usb, the light flashing and makes a click noise.

Unlike the Rpi4 works fine in both DAC

Which DAC? Is it USB powered? If its not USB powered, should not need AUX power.

1 Like

Is the NAA pc the issue, when I plug on the usb B port blinking and when I connect the aux voltage makes clicking noise. No problem on Rpi4

iPurifier 3 fixed! I saw this solution on forums.
Just moved from DAC to Intona

1 Like

Yes that’s why I said a hub

1 Like

My closest choice to a hub :rofl:

Please check that you are connecting to USB3 port at the NAA side. Blue connector…

1 Like