HQPlayer integration ROCK

Hi,

I installed it on a linux machine (linux mint)
Installed roon, then installed hqplayer and configured in roon setup that I wanted Hq player to be the endpoint.

Today I no longer use Hqplayer because I have roon ROCK and it is not possible to run them on the same machine…

Tony

My NUC is a lot more powerful than the PCs in my house. It’s an i7 and runs like lightning!

Hmm weird talk about needing more power, Am running roon rock on nuc6i3syh. Thats an I3 can play 3 setups on dsd 512.

Running my main setup a moon 280D
PC setup with just a DSD dac.
Bluesound amp stream

Not sure why people are looking to I5 and I7s and still say they are not powerful enough.

Must say sometimes my app acts a bit slow. Anyways also must say I almost never have all 3 of them on at the same time.

just runing 1 setup in what ever mode I have no delay. Its all snappy and good. O well. For each his own.

1 Like

sorry but… wouldn’t be possible perform load test, like those we can see all the times in pc tests, and give to potential users some more precise info about what is required to do what?

for example: if I don’t need/want DSD output but just good filtering, upsampling maximum to 256, some dsp like in rock, what is the configuration enough to run this load?

should I look for HAL9000 or just a normal 8i3, like from Roon specs, could do it? can’t do it? ok, what is the limit?

this post is for people from Roon, or for any super technical user, to help us to avoid the typical audiophile speeches that leave people, like me, struggling with doubts

thks in advance

Check the help section…

thank you but… I already have an 8i3 running Rock, my question is: talking about HQPlayer…what a defined configuration is able to do?

Hi,

it is not possible to run ROCK and HQ Player on the same machine AFAIK.

I had it installed on a linux machine, I5/8Mb…worked perfectly…
note: I think linux does max DSD 128

anyway, Roon ROCK without hqplayer plays perfectly on my NUC10 I7 and DSD 512 works also.
(I cannot hear any difference between 64 and 512, so most of the time I play DSD 64)