Huawei Router B818-263 (LTE) and Roon Arc

Roon Core Machine

Arch 64bits

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Huawei B818-263.
Tested with all firewalls (router et core) disabled. VPN also disabled.

1. Who is your internet service provider?

Sunrise (CH) through LTE CGN (is this the issue?)

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

{
“connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“XXX”,“router_external_ip”:null},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.8.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“Did not find UPnP service with WANIPConnection on network”}
}

Same router and same problems here in Finland; even with ISP public address.

Interesting. You mean you aren’t behind a CGNAT? I came to the conclusion it was my main issue.

Did You solve the problem somehow?

Well if you are in my case, there’s this solution:

I haven’t tried it yet. But I’m not a fan of tunneling my connection through a private company.

There are definitely some negative aspects of the solution. Battery consumption on the phone is one big one. I’ve not seen too many security concerns about Tailscale expressed, if your concerns are general I can understand that but if you have specific concerns about Tailscale as a company it would be good to hear them.

Well you know what they say: everything that’s free means you are the product. I don’t go further than that.

Yes, that’s a good saying. Unfortunately I think these days you pay and you’re still the product.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.