Humour alert: Lara Trump - Shockingly available on Roon

my dear sir, I have to admit you are so right here - I’m now a fan of autotuned girly stars for the rest of my earthly existence; wether born in whatever part of this globe…

2 Likes

I am not sure how to feel after watching that. I have heard of them but thought they were some Japanese anime version of GWAR. I think I was correct.

4 Likes

Nobody in this family can stop being entitled and feigning persecution for 1 second. Unbelievable :rofl:

12 Likes

You just had to go there again didn’t you!!

1 Like

Babymetal was the first act for one of the Red Hot Chili Peppers concerts I went to. Chad Smith even cloaked himself in a costume and played the drums for them on a couple of songs.

2 Likes

Aftershock…

When you say readily available on Roon you mean a streaming service that Roon supports, right? I don’t know how else it would be available on Roon unless you had a local copy (unlikely, obviously).

What was a violation a few years ago was when a U2 album appeared on my iPhone.

1 Like

Funny that no one complained when an Edie Brickell & New Bohemians single was included with Windows 95. I guess times do change.

Including something on an OS distro and pushing something onto your device without your permission are two entirely different things. Windows always includes a lot of things I don’t want, and clean up post-installation.

Wasn’t there a U2 album included on some piece of tech a couple of years ago? Seem to remember some grumbling about that.

The joke is that Ms Trump complains that it isn’t easily found by searching in Apple Music (duh because nobody wants to hear it) but Roon search finds it easily. Of course you need a streaming service

No idea. At the time, I failed to understand the vitriolic reaction to the inclusion of a free album on the new iPhone 6. Prince did something similar a few years earlier; 20Ten was a free giveaway in the UK with the purchase of a tabloid newspaper.

Well, that’s a miracle! :laughing:

1 Like

I thought it was an integral part of what made the joke work :slight_smile:

1 Like

Jokes on all of us for clicking on it and quadrupling its popularity :hear_no_evil:

3 Likes

I made sure I stayed below the 30 seconds mark where payouts start. Not that this was difficult

3 Likes

OK, I get the joke now. Thanks for the explanation. [Moderated]

It wasn’t a matter of “including” it was a matter of being pushed onto my local (not in the cloud) phone one day. Akin to some stranger borrowing a key to my house from a trusted friend and putting an album in my CD collection (remember those?) or vinyl collection. I’d have a problem with that even if I were interested in the album. It goes beyond pushing something to the top of my search hits, which I don’t like, but acknowledge it happens all the time and live with it.

1 Like

Further, I now get the joke about looking for it armed with a pitch fork, expecting not to find it, and being further exercised that you actually did find it.

However, I’d far rather debate the other topic of “violation” here, which I can pursue without dancing around the political implications or risk being moderated.

I remember this, at the time I used iTunes on a Mac but not my phone, I didn’t have an iPhone and so the album was only added to my ITunes on the laptop, Apple released a tool to remove it I think.

The vitriol at the time was because they pushed an unwanted album into your library and if you had ITunes on your phone, it also auto downloaded.
Monthly data allowances were around 1GB at the time in the UK and this used a chunk of people’s allowance for an album they didn’t want.

2 Likes