I am really curious for what is next for Roon

I think theres no reason for radio not to play a title in a dsd.iso

As for export feature; tidal tracks cant be exported or you cannot ıse export feature on ipad but noone is complaining

Btw it is possible to export by extracting a track from a iso file if that is a must have feature…likewise xrecode sacdextract…not that i askl for it

So if iso support ever becomes a feature , those eho oppose are not forced to use it

Hello the issue is not creating tracks from the iso
But do you know your software and others change the sound as well ? Also playing an iso sounds better in my view
I have all my ripped music in both formats

if you have your iso split into a lossless format, then unless your player is playing it wrong (non-gaplessly), you shouldn’t hear a difference. the same bits are being read off disk… and this is one of those cases were bits truly are bits, and the analog parts are not being changed due to how the file format works here.

That is what I thought too but not what I found it to be.
The files I use for iso conversation are DSF or DFF.
not a lossy that I know of.

Sorry I missed one commnet you made. If I play gapless it should sound the same but if I play non gapless it may ?

If you don’t play gapless, it won’t be lossless.

If you can hear the difference, first you must verify your bits are accurate. Try to reconstruct the iso. No audio information should be lost. Next, blind test it multiple times. Your brain will lie to you.

I have a pretty modest request: support for trackpad gestures on the Mac (like going back with a two-finger swipe). I still do that all the time.

:frowning:

1 Like