I don’t like 1.8 - it feels like a massive failure

I see. The fact that you don’t see an “ALL” button means that those 6 are all it found. You would get the button if there were more than 6 results.

If I were a support rep helping you troubleshoot, I’d love to see the files’ tags for the albums not found. Do you do your own tagging or do you rely on Roon metadata?

Again? Really? … HEY… backup was a MESS in 1.7… is in 1.8 even worse? REALLY??? :angry:

2 Likes

I don’t have big fingers, but reorganizing tracks in a play list has become a complete chore, the target is so small.

NZ user here too. Tidal itself crashed last night but is fully operational again today. I had to log out of Tidal within Roon and then log back in before it would work this morning.

Personally I love 1.8 - to use and look at. Besides a couple of initial glitches, it has worked flawlessly for me.

2 Likes

Roon 1.8 is a good improvement in its presentation. Some expected bugs but it would be rare that the large scale changes would not have bugs.

4 Likes

This thread is so sad. They clearly don’t care any more.

“Your hardware isn’t good enough, that’s why it isn’t working”

It was working just fine for years. We have supported you since the beginning and it’s YOU who broke it with the update. That’s your fault. Fix it.

Absolutely disgusted at this point.

2 Likes

At least you have the software running.

In Windows 10 before the upgrade (Roon 1.8), all was flawless.

After the upgrade the software does not start. I resintalled 3 times, and nothing. Roon does not even start.

What a Nightmare!

2 Likes

As a lifetime subscriber I would pay money to get 1.7 back.

Sound quality has degraded, no scroll bar for my huge history, and no new features I have found yet I need.

6 Likes

I hold a different opinion. I think the Roon team is passionate about music and about bringing highly complex music software to meet all kinds of diverse requirements - local/streaming, a plethora of hardware, in a complex, ever changing industry.

I don’t agree with every choice they make, but let’s not take shots at the team.

3 Likes

How exactly? There has been no discussion of changes to the playback engine, so seems unlikely.

2 Likes

What shots? The man is disappointed. So I am I.

1 Like

What does this mean, the UI is childish? I can understand you don’t like some design decisions, but what makes it childish?

I quoted the “shot” - he said “they don’t care”, I assume they meant the Roon team, do you read it differently. Do you think the Roon team doesn’t care? That’s all I am saying.

I have no problem with people being disappointed – List the specific things, that helps.

1 Like

Questionable. For me personally, there is no obvious or clear cut answer on either side as I don’t have access to the facts. I never worked in consumer software but I worked in corporate software for 35 years and when something like this happened it was always the same reason. No one paid attention to user requirements.

1 Like

There is a history here where principle is more important than profit so I am not so sure. I would prefer it wasn’t but I am not as certain as you.

Yes, it too terrible

I’d happily go back. It “looks nice” until you interact with it as a familiar user. And it’s not a question of getting used to changed, it’s about deleterious changes.

One of my suspicions is that Roon pandered to Tidal and not their paying users.
Under the hood things be substantially improved but one of the great things about the seamless integration of Roon with tidal Tidal was not having to deal with Tidal’s awful GUI and their painful promotion of music I don’t like. Roon’s GUI was hands down better.

2 Likes

I can live with that. The person i quoted stated it outright as if he knew. In my experience, it is a passionate, dedicated team that is working incredibly hard in a low margin industry. I see know evidence of them not caring.

Can you clarify which user requirements they are not listening too? I am not saying this was a perfect release but people should just speak in facts – list the features that are not working for you and not make proclamations about the team or the software process [not you, other posts I am talking about]

I’d call it blue. But purple has taken on a life of it’s own.
To change from light them to dark:
Settings>Setup>Theme>Dark.
BTW, the noted “Purple” and “Red” colors are slightly more vibrant in light theme a are muted a touch in the dark theme.

Roon pandered to Tidal? In this release or sometime earlier?

Is Roon pandering to Qobuz too?