I don’t like 1.8 - it feels like a massive failure

I completely agree. Spot on!

I can’t speak for @Albert-Philip_Burger, but I can supply you with my comments:

• Playlists no longer contain album cover images - they were there in 1.7

• On ‘Album View’ page, there is no longer any indication of which tracks are already included in playlists - they were there in 1.7 and helped prevent duplicates from being added to playlists.

That will do for a start!

5 Likes

I lost all my storage.

I can’t erven open Room application on my laptop now. Just opens and crashes.

I agree 100% with your comment regarding the album page - I really hope they put this back.

As for album covers, I have them in 1.8 so I’m not sure why you can’t see them.

1 Like

After the recent update no more crashes on ipad and settings are accessible now.

Thanks for this.

I’m sure some screenshots I saw from the original list showed them to be missing. Is this something that has been rectified with a subsequent fix, or did I just get it wrong?

Anyway - good news!

I see that you also seem to have been able to change some of the default colours. Are they now configurable?

The colours in your screenshot are much more acceptable than the defaults.

I don’t know. I didn’t check them till reading your post, so don’t know if they’ve been there all along.

On the same theme:

• Compositions also no longer contain cover images

Apparently they’ve always been configurable since at least v1.3 but I guess there wasn’t the interest until 1.8. If you’re interested, check out this thread to find out how to do it. Some people have also uploaded the files / settings you need if you like the look of their theme(s).

Hmmm. Again, they do for me so I’m not sure what the problem is.

Sounds like a library problem. You should have posted in the Support section.

Tagging @support for this.

Thanks - being able to configure some of the main screen colours would be a huge improvement for me!

1 Like

every upgrade breaks somthing

As you’ll see, there aren’t quite enough settings for really fine scale control, but it is possible to create something a bit less garish than the defaults :wink:

You are on a different screen. I am talking about compostions listed underneath the composer. Where you easily used to see whats in the library, whats on streaming. Now you get this:

• No icons.
  • No-show of how many records you have in your library/streaming
  • weird line break at 1/3rd of the available screen property

Pretty useless. (well, not ‚pretty‘ at all. Just useless).

Three paragraphs of „bragging“ from @brian what fantastic improvements they have done for Classical Music. And as a result you get that screen. Poor show, me would say.

2 Likes

No shuffle button on the artist pages where it seems like it might actually be used (I would) - vs a prominent shuffle button on the album view page where it probably won’t (seriously who shuffles a single album?). It’s a myriad of decisions like this that just don’t add up…

2 Likes

Shuffle is a sub-function of Play, shouldnt have a seperate button. just an item on the play dropdown.

Going to add another lost feature from 1.7 that needs to return. That is the star rating of album lists. Take the attached list of Tony Bennett albums. He’s recorded a huge number of albums over his life. If they are considered exceptional, the check mark still shows up. But I can’t see which ones are five star vs. two star rated by professional critics. I don’t want to click on each album to figure that out, and I have no idea which ones are considered his best works. Need to be able to see that when looking at the discography. That’s how it used to be. Please bring that back.

11 Likes

I think this has been replaced to a certain extent by the “In Their Prime” banner if you scroll down the artist page. Not really the same I know but in any case I have tried it myself and I don’t see an “In Their Prime” banner for Tony Bennet. Not sure why that is. Sometimes I am seeing the banner and sometimes not. Already a thread on “In Their Prime”. Strong opinions on that as as well it seems.