I give up. Willing to throw money at Arc and SBT

I have tried a few times to get Arc to work and to get my SBT to behave as an end point for Roon. Every time I try it’s the same. I am told to switch something on or off, but can’t for the life of me find the switch I need. I am just not computer savvy enough to get these things to work, nor do I have hours and hours of free time to keep trying and failing.

So…if you think you can get both Arc running and set up my SBT as a Roon endpoint, name a price for a house call. If I can afford it, you’re hired. Payment contingent on successful completion of both tasks. .

Please message me if you can help.

Thanks!

@Phillip_Slepian, I have removed your address for privacy and security reasons.

I have looked at your previous posts and don’t see any requests for ARC assistance. I can move this to the Roon ARC support category if you need that, but Roon will need the following information from you to assist:

Roon Server Machine

Include your operating system and machine info (Model, CPU, RAM)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Your network gear (model of routers/switches) and if on WiFi/Ethernet

Connected Audio Devices

Specify what devices you’re using and their connection types, like USB/HDMI/Chromecast, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Tell us how large your music library is, eg. “30,000 tracks”

Description of Issue

Tell us about the problem you’re having in as much detail as possible. Screenshots are always appreciated!

Also, you have posted about an “SBT”, but in previous posts you mention that you have a Small Green Computer you use as your Roon Server. Do you mean SGC or SBT? If the latter, what is an SBT?

1 Like

I believe the SBT is a Squeezebox Touch.

If this is the case I believe all you need to do to see it as an endpoint is to enable Squeezebox support.

With regards trouble with Arc, as @Robert_F posted, if you fill in the template and post any screenshots of error messages from the Roon Remote settings, Roon Arc tab it would help.

Also advise if you have UPnP or port forwarding setup in your router.

1 Like

Thank you @Menzies, appreciate the help with the SBT!

1 Like

Also ensure LMS isn’t running as this generally stops Roon from seeing any squeezebox if they are attached to an LMS server.

2 Likes

So, first of all, I was careful not to post my actual address. Not sure why my general location was censored.

While I appreciate everyone trying to help, this is what I was trying to avoid. I don’t have a free day to look for everything and take screenshots in order to just ask support a question. I want the Roon equivalent of the Best Buy Geek Squad to show up, fix these issues, and charge my cc.

I haven’t entered a ticket with support because I was trying to use the knowledge base.

My Roon core is the SGC SonicTransporter. I have an old Squeezebox Touch in another room that I would like to make into another zone. I have no idea where I can see if LMS is turned on or off. The network sees the SBT, but it can’t connect to my Roon core. The core searches for the SBT, but never finds it.

I will try to make some time to go through the very laborious process of asking for support. But I don’t pay Roon so I can spend hours trying to get its features to work only to fail repeatedly. I got Roon to listen to music, which I have precious little time for as it is. My core and main zone work great, and listening with Roon is a joy. But there has to be an easier way to get other features to work.

Did you not see the post from @Menzies posted 6 days ago in this message thread and the post from @CrystalGipsy ?

1 Like

Yes, and I switched on Squeezebox support.
But I also need to make sure LMS is not enabled. WHERE do I look to see if LMS is enabled or not? On the SBT? On my core? If so, which of the dozens of menus on my core will tell me if LMS support is on or off?

Have you downloaded LMS? If so, make sure it is not running in the background on your system.

My Media - Welcome to mysqueezebox.com!

1 Like