I’m amp shopping …

I’m using a VTV Purifi Eigentakt to drive my Sanders ESS. Tickled pink.

1 Like

I wonder if the new version of the NAD M10 V2 would work? roon ready, great display, more power now, and comes with dirac live.

1 Like

The very well measuring and reviewed Purifi ET400A Eigentakt amplifier module is in fact what powers the NAD Masters M33 Streamer-DAC-Amplifier. If you’re looking for a one-box solution, this may be a good choice. It is Roon Ready.

1 Like

Just to muddy the waters a little bit more:

Sim Audio Moon 240i Integrated Amplifier

50 watts per channel, moving magnet phono preamp and built in DAC. Add to that the fact that all SimAudio amps sound great and built to last. And the price is right at $2,600

That’s exactly what I have and I love it. Enjoy.

I think if you need all the preamp features the NAD is a good choice. I just use the DAC so don’t need any other connections. The VTV is a little over 1,000 USD so that saves some money.

Certainly that’s a good component but 50 wpc is a little underpowered these days. Some of the competition is very high powered so you don’t have to think so much about speakers

50 watts per channel should be plenty of power, provided it’s a clean 50 watts, although I don’t know at what impedance since SimAudio doesn’t specify the ohms.

The OP might also give the Cambridge Audio EVO 150 a look.
An all in one streamer with 150 watts per channel and $3000 list price.

I took a look at the Dynaudio Contour 3.3 speakers and they are rather big floor standers so the more power in the amp the better these speakers will sound. Seems to me that these speakers are begging for a nice beefy power amp with wattage to spare.

Yes, they are big speakers! I bought them off a friend’s father who used some big McIntosh amps with them. I know what they are capable of and that probably requires power and current.

1 Like

I have the NAD c-388 integrated amp around 1600 US add the BlueOS modules another 300 to 350 US you all set. Plenty of Power 150 watts on 8 ohm and 4 ohms dynamic power 8ohms 250 W,4 ohms 350 W,2 ohms 400W, Dac, build-in Bluetooth and upgradeable as more modules will be available and Roon ready. I run my Roon library from my I-Mac- Roon core on my Mac and external harddisk because my library is large(from my home office)using the same wireless network and use an ethernet cable from my router to connect to the NAD Amp that is in my Leaving room and it works flawlessly. Not many cables are needed I use a coaxial cable for my Disc player and an optical cable for my smart TV but a wireless connection would work as well and an ethernet cable.I have the Dynaudio
DM 3/7 which needs as well power to shine(in fact all Dynaudio speakers need Power) and I’m pretty happy with the setup. All in one box makes life easier and updates on software are available as well. Future-orientated product has two slots for various Modules to upgrade if needed.

I have a pair of Dynaudio Excite x18s (stand mount bookshelves). I’m guessing you have a decent amount of room to play with given the large floorstanders you have. I can’t exactly recommend a specific brand other than those echoed already in this thread, ie: Hegel and also Simaudio as they have a high damping factor and tame the dyn woofers well.

I currently run my Dyns with a Sonneteer Orton Mark IV, it’s a class A biased integrated, with 35W into 8ohms and I believe 50w into 4ohms. Prior to that I had an Exposure integrated that had 160w into 4ohms and it was sluggish compared to the Orton and had to get to a loud volume for my room size to make the Dyns come alive. If you don’t have a large room to fill, or do most of your listening at a low to moderate level I would recommend exploring a class A option as Dyns respond really well to current (Class A design).

The article below changed my perspective as to what kind of amplifier I was looking for to replace my Exposure as I was chasing the most watts I could afford within my budget to fully utilize my Dyns, but I’m glad I went the Class A route instead.

https://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_11_1/cayin-265ai-integrated-amplifier-3-2004.html