I think my Nucleus is dead

@Timothy_Good — I’ve sent you a PM>

Dylan,

Did you get the files that you requested?

Tim

Hi @Timothy_Good — I’ve followed up about the files via PM. Thanks!

My Nucleus + totally died a few months after I got it. No lights no nothing just dead. Roon fixed it for free, it was the motherboard had to be replaced they said. Fingers crossed it doesn’t happen again. Roon is amazing when working. I was in sheer hell while it was gone I can’t live without it now.

1 Like

Dylan,

I did not get your PM. When I tried to send you the zip file, the email bounced.

Tim

Dylan, I think you still need the log files. Can you give me an email address to send them?

Hello @Timothy_Good, the usual way to send logs is

• … to respond to us with a link from Dropbox (instructions here) / Google Drive (instructions here) or similar services (like Onedrive, Dropbox, Firefox Send, etc)

(From the KB. )

You can either post it here in the thread, or, if you prefer, via a PM to @dylan (click on his avatar)
(And, just to check, do you have a little green circle next to your avatar showing a PM for you? Sorry if I’m stating the obvious)

Brian,

I have been using computers for many, many years but I am a user not a techie. I don’t know how to use the services you have suggested and don’t have the time right now to learn. Your documentation in KB says that you can furnish me with a method other than these services. May I ask you to do so? How about an email address?

Tim

A post was split to a new topic: I think my Nucleus has died

Apologies, @Timothy_Good. I’ve responded to your last direct message with more information. Thanks!

Dylan,

Information received. I just forwarded the files as you requested.

Thank you for your help with this matter. I was an evangelist for the Nucleus until it stopped working. I am optimistic that my evangelical duties will resume soon.

Tim

Is it possible for me (or you) to see my prior posts? I have given you the information about my network and setup numerous times as I have had numerous problems.

Click on your avatar (upper right hand corner, a “T”), then click on your username, then click on Activity. This will show you every post you’ve ever made.

As requested, here is my system:

Core Roon Nucleus OS version 1.0, build 227 Server version 1.7 build 610 Software version 1.0 build12

I control the core with iPhones and iPads and I the apps are updated automatically. So whatever is the latest, I have.

Ubee modem from Cox

Wired ethernet

Ubiquiti Universal Security Gateway, Uniti 24 port managed switch, Unifi 25 port POE switch

I have the following audio devices on the system:

Dragonfly DAC connected directly to Roon via USB (2X)
Hifiberry DACS connected via Ethernet (2X)
Bluesound PowerNode connected via Ethernet
Bluesound Pulse connected via wifi
Bluesound Pulse flex connected via wifi
Marantz AV8801 connected via HDMI

Hey @Timothy_Good — I just wanted to confirm that your email with logs was received and I’ll be following up there with feedback shortly.

I ftp’d the backups to you yesterday but have not received a message that they have been downloaded.

Still no word that the backup files have been downloaded. I miss my music!

Hi @Timothy_Good,

I sent you a followup on Monday but it look like you may not have received it — I resent it via email. Apologies!

As instructed, I reset the database. After an initial error message, I tried again. Looks like my Nucleus is alive again. Thank you for your help. But this has been a long and arduous process for a computer user and music lover who is not also a computer hobbyist. The software and hardware seems to have serious stability issues, just look at my posting history. But Roon is working again and I really do like it. So I am happy. Even if I get nervous every time I begin a music listening session.

1 Like