I'd like to keep my own metadata. Is it possible?

Hello,

As I’ve spent years to build my own music database, manually labelizing each of my 3 839 albums with dBpoweramb, I’d really like to keep my metadatas.

Why?

First because they have been thought to determine the display order on my remote device (“Album” sorted by “Album Artist”, from 1 to 9 and then from A to Z)
and then because they’re in my own language (which is not English).

It would be a very good thing if the Roon application would use my own tags.

Hoping that is possible?

Regards, Marc.

Roon enables you to customize on album or track level which metadata it should prefer (either Roon or the metadata embedded in the files). It should be able to do what you want. The only thing I’m not sure about is if Roon will be able to merge additional metadata like artist profiles, song lyrics etc. when metadata is not in English. Probably best to download and try.

Thanks for your swift answer.

You said: “Roon enables you to customize on album or track level which metadata it should prefer (either Roon or the metadata embedded in the files).”

Do you know where and how to tell Roon to use the main metadatas (“Album”, “Album Artist”) embedded in the files and this, for all my database?

Concerning the additional metadata, it’s not very important for me (I usually can find the information that I need on the net).

Sorry but I’m a newbie and a I’m bit lost with Roon…

You can tell Roon to prefer your own metadata via the Library Import Settings.

Thanks a lot.