Identify album - Blank window after manually selecting an unidentified album [Improvements Released]

Hi @jamie, I can confirm that the Windows drivers for my Windows 10 machine are both the manufacturers and up-to-date, plus the same is the case for my Windows 7 machine, where exactly the same problem exists.

Furthermore, to rule out Window’s device drivers, here’s the same screen from my iPad

Also when manually selected the correct recordings, which as you are correctly, are present in the Roon meta database library, but Roon will not save or associate those details with the files in my library. As such this album remains unidentified in my rebuild post B88x library.
Remember I had to ‘start over’ with a fresh database build as all B831 backups going back over a year would not operate in B880 or beyond.

I have also have two other instances of this issue

All screenshots taken from an iPad remote running iOS 15.2.1
Plus both of these albums were correctly identified in my Roon Core database pre-B880 or “Before Corruption”.

I have accessed the underlying files, and read the IDtag meta data associated with the files, using both mp3tag and dBPoweramp (both in Windows 7, but these program work well without issue, release after release after release, unlike Roon).
Also Asset UPnP server is able to read the meta data and index the works correctly - do you want a screenshot of the albums presenting correctly in another application?

Any insight is why Roon cannot lookup these up and save the identified metadata.

I hope I don’t have to rebuild another database from scratch - it has taken over a month, so far and not back to the “Before Corruption” position. Plus that would be the 3rd time, with the first being with Roon 1.0 B30 back in 2015.

Hey @simon_pepper

Roon can look them up and save the identified metadata. I’m unsure of why Roon isn’t recognizing the albums but I suspect that it has to do with the metadata tagging.

The two albums you posted here most recently aren’t recognized by Roon. See screenshots below with annotations.

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 9.51.43 AM

Screen Shot 2022-01-28 at 9.50.55 AM

Because of that you’ll have to manually search for those albums so Roon can match metadata. It looks like you’re being prompted to do that. Can you describe the steps you’re taking after searching for the correct title when you try to save the metadata in Roon - and share some screenshots?

Hi @jamie I have been manually searching for the albums in Roon’s meta database, for these 3 I get the red box and no matches offered by Roon.

When I manually enter the Album details I can find the recording, but when I try to save, just a blank screen is displayed.

Example on the Beethoven 1963 recordings, it’s there at the bottom

On selecting it

No Save option

Hi @simon_pepper,

I looked into this further and discovered that what you’re experiencing is a know issue and we have a ticket in on it. I apologize for the inconvenience and for my inability to provide a more specific timeline. I’ll provide more details as soon as I have them. Thank you in advance for your patience.

Hi, That’s fine, maybe a fix will be in the next release?

Why is it just affecting certain Albums? As part of my rebuild I had to reidentify over 400-500 albums, in my library of 7k. I am now down to 60 or so.

Thanks

Hi @simon_pepper,

We’ve gotten some positive reports that this is fixed now. Are you able to identify the Karajan, Filippini, and Pollini albums you were having problems with when attempting to manually identify?

No, still the same screen with the Red box, and then on manually entering the Artist/Album details, a blank screen on the attempt to save.

I have got the same blank screen after identifying an album by manual search as recently as yesterday. So I don’t think it is resolved yet.

Thank you guys! Can you please confirm @simon_pepper & @Simon_Chick that you’re both on Build 898 and that you’ve attempted to manually identify and save on that build?

Yes, latest build, recent reboot of ROCK

And manual selection of material, but same blank screen when attempting to save.

Yes I am also on build 898, on the core and the local PC.
I just repeated an attempt to identify a cd, specifically a Naxos album, Adolphe Adam - Giselle highlights, cond. Andrew Mogrelia…
I have also added the composer, title and conductor manually in Roon.
When I click Identify I get no suggestions, just the red button as in the screenshots above, so I add the data then click search. The correct album comes up, I select it and then get the blank screen, also as above.
That was all repeated just now.
So the issue is very much still there.

1 Like

I still have the same problem on both pc and ipad with build 898.

Hi @Mark_Bowell & Others affected by this,

We are not able to reproduce on our end, can you please reproduce the issue on your end and let us know the time + date + artist/track you searched for? We’ll enable logging and try to see if there are commonalities in the logs.

Just reproduced the issue again, using my iPad Pro 9.7

So trying to identify this collection of 1963 recordings, I firstly get the red box as unidentified & unfounded, and when attempted to search on the artist and recording, it can be found in Roon’s meta database, but when selected, there is just a blank screen presented.
Please take my debug information and if you want logs let me know.
Thanks.

A minute ago I searched for Artist: Preston Album: Bach organ. This brings up the correct album (second in list). When I select that row I just get a blank screen.

Note the information I posted earlier quoted above still applies.

I just did this again (on an identified album) at 22:07.

Hi,
This issue still persists with the 1.8 B902 release.
There is no change to the issue

Hi @Mark_Bowell / @simon_pepper ,

Thanks for those timestamps!
I am discussing this behavior with the team.

A few hours ago I tried exactly the same operation as detailed in my previous post.

The behaviour remains completely unchanged.