iDevice Reliability has suffered in recent months

Roon reliability on iPads and iPhones running the latest iOS and version of Roon has crap reliability now. Was much better months ago. I have to restart Roon Remote on both daily.

YES, have to kill the IOS app 4 of 5 times, either incomplete screen, no output device or unresponsive

Not helping you, in any other way than suggesting to look elsewhere than the Roon app. I don’t see any issues whatsoever with the stability of the iPad/iPhone apps? I do see occasional stuttering scrolling, but i gotten so used to it i hardly reflect anymore.

I run Roon on my iPad 12.9" 2020, my iPad 9.7" 2018 and my iPhone 14 Pro, all running latest iOS and Roon apps? (I’m actually on Early Access on the iPad 2018, both Roon Remote and Roon ARC)

Have you reinstalled lately? Reset the devices network settings?
Both of these seem to alleviate issues…

There is issues most just given up. I have had it just hang quite a bit for no reason. iOs keeps putting it in full suspended mode pretty much all the time when it’s in background and that’s with only safari running as well. So it’s always having to go through the full restart cycle. it’s not managing memory very well at all and this is why it’s getting fully suspended as often as it does. I just don’t get the same experience with other apps, it does happen occasionally with PlexAmp but not very often.

1 Like

Roon for me has been fine, on the latest versions of IOS and PadOS my iphone and ipad have become non responsive for a while , not Roon related though, I guess Apple introduced a bug or two.

Yep iOS 16 has been bad from the start in my experience. Wish I had stayed on 15.

since about 3 weeks ago I got severe problems. When using the roon app with my iPhone or iPad Pro ( latest software version installed ) it very often happens that the iPhone or iPad Pro looses the WLAN connection. And this only happens when using the roon app, it never happens during surfing in the internet with the browser or checking emails.
The time I can use the roon app before loosing WLAN connectivity varies very much. From a few seconds to more than 15 minutes. But in most cases the WLAN connection ist cut after 1 to 3 minutes.
In such cases I have to go to “Einstellungen” ( should be settings in English ) then “WLAN” and then reactivate the WLAN connection. Afterwards the roon app works again, but only for the above mentioned duration.
My personal estimation is that when the roon app is checking the WLAN connection it from time to time shuts down the WLAN connection.
That is very disappointing !!!
Has anybody else these experiences?