iFi Zen Stream will not update it's version form 1.7 (build 571)

But the latest version should show Roon ready and not Roon Bridge.

Try going to iFi.local/dev and accepting beta updates.
That should get you Roon Ready

Yes thanks, I will have to try that after work. Currently, when I click check for updates it’s like it gets stuck and the wheel spins loading and never finishes, never tells me you have the latest version, or there is an update available.

Make sure that you have DNS settings on the Stream as well. This would stop it reaching out to get to the iFi servers

The custom DNS setting is currently turned off. Do you enable it and what do you put into the primary and secondary address boxes in your settings? When I turn it on it displays 208.67.222.222 for primary and 208.67.220.220 for secondary.

The default ones should point to your DNS servers.
Not sure about the two you mention but no harm in trying 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 which are the Google DNS servers.

Also try the /dev option as well

Those will be his ISP DNS servers which will be the default in any network.

Ah fair enough.
I always run my own DNS servers, and most router’s tend to give out the router IP address as the DNS server, so was not expecting to see see those addresses

IT’s not even showing up in roon now, regardless of the original DNS or Google DNS. The play/pause button keeps flashing on and off and the little roon logo keeps appearing/disappearing in the bottom left in synchrony with the play/pause flashing

Try pulling the power lead out for a few sounds and then power it back up again

An admin from Roon support got it working for me. Here’s what he had to say:

A. It’s expected that the iFi Zen Stream is not shown on the Settings > General screen. This is because the device is no longer running the Roon Bridge software. Roon Ready devices—such as the iFi Zen Stream on its latest firmware—are reported exclusively on the Settings > Audio screen.

B. When switching to Mode 2 you must change the output from SPDIF to your USB DAC using the Mode 2 web interface. It can be accessed by going to the Settings > Audio screen in Roon, clicking on “Device Info” for the device, and then clicking on “Configure Device”. The screen should look like this:

1 Like

Yes sorry this is all covered in the Zen Stream thread, but it is 2k post’s long now (but in the last 2 or three weeks there are a lot of post’s about the Roon ready update.

Did you get the update to work

Yep got the beta update to work, not sure that it needed to be done. I believe I am all squared away now and am even using the exclusive roon mode with the usb out per the screenshot above. Thanks for all of your help on this, quite the struggle!

1 Like

No problem at all.

I have also moved to Roon Only mode with the latest changes and I have been very happy with it’s performance since being Roon ready. Out biggest complaint was the switch away from SPDIF and that’s because none of us new about the device info button.

Hopefully you can get to enjoy the music again now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.