iMac Core update issue [resolved]

I attempted the fix to my iMac core. There is no Roon or Roon server in my library files and if course cannot open Roon.

Did you just recently updated to Roon 2.0 build 1167? If so, there is an issue with that particular build. Please refer to this for a fix.

And if possible update to build 1169 which was just release as a hot fix. That should clear the problem you are having.

Do you see the other folders that should be there, next to it? I don’t have a Mac but someone said in some post that the folder paths in the KB article are not up do date. For reference, this is from the two KBs to find the Library and Database folder, but maybe it’s slightly different. If the below does not work for you, can you post a screenshot of your Finder with how far you managed to go and what you are seeing?

First do

1. Open Finder and click Go in the top bar

2. Hold down the Option key (or Alt)(⌥) to unhide the Library folder

3. Click the Library folder

4. When you are in Library, find and open the Roon or RoonServer folder

5. In the Database folder, locate the folder Registry, open it, and now find the folder Core

6. Delete the file called bits

Thank you for caring and following up. Problem solved by a delete reboot and then downloading the new version on the website. For us amateurs a much preferred solution to editing the registry!

Glad you got it going! Back to enjoying music!

(You don’t know the hell that is the Windows Registry, be happy that there is no actual Registry on the Mac! :slight_smile: It was just necessary to find and delete a file in this case, the folder just happened to be named “Registry” :slight_smile: )

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.