Implement Hold Function for Music Articles Disappearing When Track Ends (ref#EJ83LH)

There’s nothing to disagree. I am only telling you how you can read stuff for unlimited time already, even though a hold function on Now Playing doesn’t exist.

And maybe this would be nice to have.

I have already told you how you can, click the three-dot menu of a track on the album page.

I stand corrected. Sorry and thanks. In my defence, go to composition is the same as view track info. Thanks again for your patience

1 Like

Not trying to have the last word but here’s another scenario. I’m listening to an album in this case Lional Richie and the Commodores - 16 Klassiker on Tidal. The album icon at Now Playing pulls up a photo of the artist and from there an artist bio. There is no other way to get to the artist bio, not even using the three dots in the album’s track listing. the artist bioi is quite long as you may imagine but at the end of each track the screen goes back to the photo. This behaviour or options available may vary from album to album but I still find it is not the way Roon should work. If I’m wrong I apologise but I hope you at least see my point.

Yes there is, sorry :slight_smile: Click on the artist here:

It is always the same

Yes, and does it not work to click on Performed by Lionel Ritchie?

You are right! It’s a different background but you’re right again. Why is there no track info? There is an article on Wikipedia

Glad it helps :slight_smile:

Hmmm, Wikipedia song/track descriptions may indeed be a missing feature? I don’t know. What does exist in Roon are Wikipedia composition descriptions, but even then there might be an entry missing in the track menu on Now Playing? If I go to the three-dot menu on Now Playing, there is no Go To Composition entry:

But if I first go to the album and the tracklist there, then click the three-dot menu for the track, the Go To Composition exists (and this is where the Wikipedia composition description is, if WP has one):

Seems like an oversight to me that the menu entry is in one place but not the other

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.