Implement Hold Function for Music Articles Disappearing When Track Ends (ref#EJ83LH)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I don't like how the product works

I’m playing a track from an album and decide to read more about the artist or the song. Great that I can do this but then just as I’m part-way through reading the article the track finishes and the article disappears. Grrr! Now I know this will happen couldn’t you at least implement a hold function?

Could you take a screenshot and post it on here where you’re reading articles.

I’ve tried what I believe you mean and it doesn’t disappear and the next track plays

I think this is what happens if you go to the info from the now-playing bar

1 Like

Ah I see.

On a phone you can only view the tracks lyrics. No other option to view article info.

What Roon Remote device are you using @Terry_Siederer

Tablet or pc you can see full reviews like info page from the album, but as described it goes when albums stops.

@Terry_Siederer you should go to the album and look up info there it won’t disappear then.

1 Like

Exactly. It’s not a bug, it’s a feature as they say and even more irritating if it’s track info or credits you are reading. I’m only making a request to hold the info on the screen (by pressing it) until I’ve finished reading it.

1 Like

I’m using the credits’ icons etc at the top which led to wikipedia

I know, but you got there by clicking the Now Playing bar at the bottom, I suppose. Because if you go there from the album page, it doesn’t change when Now Playing changes.

Do you mean by searching for the album that is already playing and then pressing the three dots next to the particular track?

If I am not completely misunderstanding, you seem to play something and I suppose then you click somewhere on the left in the Now Playing bar at the bottom (I marked the area with the green frame in the screenshot):

This gets you to the pages showing the lyrics, bio, etc., by choosing with the buttons top right (again marked in green):

These pages are tied to the currently playing album or track, so they change when the playing album/track changes.

However, simply click again on the album cover or the little arrow bottom left:

This takes you to the page of the album itself, and this (and its various sub-views) doesn’t change when the currently playing album/track changes.

You don’t need to search you can get it it from now playing screen as described by @Suedkiez. I never use your method of using now playing for reading any of the info roon gives it’s not really the place for in-depth reading as you have found.

Thanks for your clear explanation. However if I do what you say and for example I am reading track credits, when the track finishes playing and the next track starts, the screen jumps to the lyrics of the new track.

You hadn’t mentioned lyrics so far :slight_smile: How are you reading them? They don’t disappear if you go to the album page as above > three-dot menu of a track > View Lyrics.

They do switch along with the track if you open the lyrics from Now Playing, but I think it’s expected that Now Playing shows the lyrics of the track that is now playing.

Exactly! I am asking for the possibility to override this function. I have chosen to read something else related to what I am listening to but sure enough when the next track starts the new lyrics appear. I can’t even back to the article I was reading.

Wouldn’t be now playing if it didn’t.

1 Like

You seem to gave a solution to my problem but I can’t see what you mean. Please bear with me. You wrote “This takes you to the page of the album itself, and this (and its various sub-views) doesn’t change when the currently playing album/track changes.” What do you mean by “and its various sub-views”? If it’s the Wikipedia articles linked in the top-right of your last screenshot then this is not the case for me.

I mean whatever you can look at and read on the regular album page: Tracks, track credits, lyrics, the Credits tab, TiVo/Wikipedia biographies, …

And that, too. What do you mean that this is not the case for you? You can definitely play one album and freely read any other album’s info without it changing, and this includes the currently playing album. Please post screenshots, I am at a loss because this is not difficult.

In chronological order:

1. The album I’m playing now
  2. The lyrics to the track I’m listening to
  3. An article about that track
  4. Without me doing anything, the track I was listening to finishes and the lyrics to the next track come up interrupting my reading.

Yes, and screenshots 2-4 come from Now Playing and show what is now playing (and change away from you if the current track/album changes). But screenshot 1 is the regular album page that’s independent of Now Playing and you can read stuff there as long as you want.

To see the full album review and Wikipedia links on the regular album page, click anywhere into the review text. Note the downward arrow (circled in green below) that indicates that there is more and can be expanded.

After expanding:

Thanks for the help. It seems we have to agree to disagree. I would like the option to keep the track info or track credits, which can be quite detailed on the screen after the track finishes. I can’t even get to the track info page otherwise.