Importing big archive

thx for your answer, was talking bout the backup. but it makes no sense, cause I can´t get any backup momentary, cause the nuc is working on the copy of my files from nas to ex., hd since 3 weeks. Think it will need another two weeks, atm it´s at letter N…Next steps will follow after finishing that.
problem atm is the fact, that roon is shuting down during work daily, there must be any prob…maybe it´s cause nuc is copying the files and same time I´m deleting dups?!

next question is, according to which criteria are the albums sorted, find albums same bitrate, with a dynamic range of 4, which are preferred to the same album with dynamic range 12?!

my problem at moment is deleting duplicates. Is it possible, marking 5 of 6 versions for deleting? atm must delete them one by one, will take 6 month…

:man_shrugging:

You can select multiple albums (or tracks) and delete them in one operation. See here for how to select more than one object at once…

THX, that´s OK for selection, but how to delete all selected albums?

I tried a similar program, destroyed my albums… deleted one or two songs of each album…that for my collection is too big…:wink:

After selection, press edit in the right above corner.
In the presented menu, scroll to the bottom to find the delete button

1 Like

that´s it! TYVM!!!

but now…some albums have cover´s, some don´t, how to copy the cover of a unwished album to the prefered?

Hi @Matthias_Stuker,

You can set album covers by right clicking on the album -> 3-dot menu near the top -> edit -> edit album -> album artwork.

Another way to hide potential duplicates is also by going to Roon Settings -> General -> Show hidden tracks and albums -> Off.

OK, first jobs are done. Copied all to an ext. TB HD, deleted 18000 duplicates.
Now I´m looking to the unknown albums by unknown artists, there are a lot. Want to prepare them with mp3tag.
How to find them on my HD?
THXIA

It’s bit cumbersome. In Roon you select your unidentified album and then you go e.g. to the first track and select the ‘3 dots’. In the shown menu you select the item ‘file info’. There you see the path of the file and most probably all tracks are in the same folder.

Alternatively, use the Track Browser. Focus on Unidentified, and make sure that Path (the file path) has been added as a display column (use the “down arrow” at the far right of the Header row to show you what display columns can be made active).

TY, that´s it!

1 Like

perfect, that helps!

1 Like

At first excuse my bad english, try my best…
I´m on work, renaming all bootlegs manualy, will need some time. Thatwhile I found another problem: Roon is splitting some albums in 2 ore more parts, especialy CD-Box-Sets are splitted to 3, 4 or more albums. How to put them together?
THXIA!
Matz

See if this KB helps Merge Albums

THX, I´ll try it…

THX, I´ve got it.
Next Prob is the fact, that there is an album like “Dizzy Gillespie-Hall of Fame 5CD” which is imported as 5 albums. If I try to rename them, the album with 5 CD´s is found, but the tracks aren´t at the right place. They are listed at the bottom of 5 CD. When working at CD 1, putting the tracks to the right place,it needs hours. Hope you understand my bad english, if not, please ask!
THXIA for your help!