Improved Roon Display to allow a dedicated screen device

I wish to repurpose an old iPad Mini 2 to become a dedicated Roon display.
I would like this device to

1. Display current playing (current functionality)
  2. When current playing ends, and at present, the Roon logo on a dark background is displayed - can this transition to a Clock display on a selected background.
  3. After 60-minutes of inactivity the screen is turned off, but auto-wakes if there is further content selected
  4. It is possible to configure off-hours for periods where the device display shouldn’t be operational, such as from 12 midnight to morning or early afternoon 5pm, if not required during the day.

This may need to be lightweight iOS/Android App, rather than a Web URL, given there is more control over the device, in terms of sleep & wake up.

At present, solutions to provide this functionality, is a full DIY build of a Pi based system with LCD screen in a case, and implement something in Ropiee with a bunch of scripting and low-level configuration. The other alternative is ‘off-the-shelf’ Google Echo type device, but reading the forum, but this device doesn’t seem to work as required and its operation is very dependent of the 3rd party provider of this device.
Another method is a small TV monitor with an older Chromecast device - the TV would need the sleep functionality, and the Chromecast has the screensaver functionality.
But all these options require further hardware to be purchased, when I suspect most Roon user will have a older tablet, currently unused.

I believe there is an opportunity for Roon to provide a value-add capability that builds on the current display capability through a Web URL, that would provide an elegant solution, reusing older technology.