Improvement in user experience after removing Qobuz integration

Hi there,

I’ve been using Roon with all three streaming services (Qobuz, Tidal, KKBox) integrated for a little while now and it always had a few hiccups here and there. Search being slow or not working for a minute or so and the playback stopping now and then.

Since Tidal announced their new pricing structure in combination with their renewed stance on MQA, I decided to transfer my primary Qobuz library over to Tidal.

After I removed my Qobuz login, I noticed an incredible increase in performance. Search is way quicker than before, and it never suddenly stops playback anymore. Never thought this would have been the culprit. It’s a shame that all my stars and tags are gone or broken, but with time I’ll go through tagging again.

I’m curious if anybody else noticed Qobuz being slow, and if removing Qobuz fixed it for other people too!

Are you sure it is Qobuz, or,…

If you have a lot of these, that will slow down Roon.

Hi @Rugby,

Based on the computer power available, the system didn’t seem to even be close to capacity, so I doubt it would be that. I didn’t have that many tags, but I did have a lot of stars :sweat_smile:.

It was just striking how much of a difference removing Qobuz made. My server currently runs on WiFi, so I always suspected it was that (Still a very good wifi 6 connection).

At this point I suspect it is a slow connection to the Qobuz back end somewhere in the chain.

Overall, I was already happy, and I became happier, just curious :face_with_monocle:

Maybe you should have tried to connect your server by ethernet.
Now further hardware is mentioned so that could also be the weakest link.

I can still try that; it’s not like I deleted my Qobuz account :sweat_smile:
I don’t want to put Qobuz in a bad light, guys. I’m just curious if people experienced the same.