Inaccurate Radio Recommendations (ref#1L139B)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· Something else

How can we help?

· None of the above

Other options

· I want to report a metadata issue

Describe the issue

Often the radio recommendations are completely off and ridiculous. Please start a radio on the track "where do you think you're going" by Dire Straits and see what your engine throws as similar music. Its neither releavent to the genre (by any stretch) or similar to the artist.

Can I please get an update on this issue?

See another example. Your radio has nothing similar to JJ Cale (seriously?).

While Tidal and I’m sure every other music service would be able to produce something relevant for JJ Cale, he isn’t that obscure.

Your recommendation engine doesn’t seem to be good with not so mainstream genres such as Lo-Fi, Japanese City pop etc. Even when playing Bossa Nova, it does have very random recommendations.

Another example that I remember, is starting a radio on a ZZ Top song, only to find “Summer of 69” play as a related track. Sure in a broad sense, both are within the family Rock. But I expect a more nuanced understanding of sub-genres that is demonstrably missing. Most music streaming systems show “related artists” and I doubt anyone of them will show Bryan Adams related to ZZ Top.

As a professional organization, that chares money for it’s service; can you please at least acknowledge support tickets? And let customers know whether you agree, disagree or don’t care. We can then decide where to take our business. Disappointed with the support experience so far.

First example, it seems Roon gets hung up on the “alternative mix” part. You’ll surely get more relevant suggestions if you chose to start radio from the track on Communiqué.

Second one, JJ Cale, you sure this is identified and correct?
I get a Janis Joplin song as next up, when starting Roon Radio from Hard Times, which seems about :+1:t2: