Include Composer in 'Now Playing' Ribbon

Especially for classical music, this would be very helpful.

1 Like

This post is several years old but I still can t figure out if there is a simple solution yet. Is there an easy and fast way to see the composer when playing a work?

Under settings / general, there is an entry for “show composer credits”. Switch it to “always” and you’ll see the composer in the Now Playing screen.

This works for me for Qobuz albums too - it may depend on whether their metadata is adequately filled in?

You re right but this doesn’t t work for classical composers (and jazz). I didn’t t put that in my question tho……

Most of my collection is classical and I see the composer.
Maybe your files or streaming services don’t have that piece of metadata loaded?

What tags do you use? (Composer, track, albumartist, artist?)

Yes, all of those and more. But I’d imagine that the relevant one here (i.e. the one that Roon uses to display the composer on the screens) is Composer.

This might become one of those “features” (I call it a bug) that might get more attention with the Harmon Kardon purchase.

Let s hope so, it s inconvenient that the composer isn t mentioned in the ribbon because it s essential with classical music in my opinion……
Further more it s not displayed in the now playing screen on my iPhone (it is on my windows 11 pc)…