Incorrect Artist Credits for Mark Murphy in Qobuz Discography (ref#UGV5CD)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I want to report a metadata issue

Mark Murphy (the jazz singer) has multiple entries in the Qobuz discography for Mark Murphy (bass/cello player) and Mark Murphy (guitarist) and others. I checked MusicBrainz and the data there is correct but in the AllMusic database he is incorrectly credited as a string istrumentalist as well as vocalist. These are different artists, however.

This includes the releases: "Step Stone"-by Walter Michael & Co, "Step by Step"-John McCutcheon, "Hammered Dulcimer: Retrospective"-Walt Michael, "Anatomy of a Poet"-In the Nursery, "Falling Forward"-Willy Porter, "White Water Depot"-Marc Black, "I Struck Gold"-Charlie King and Karen Brandow, 'Small Town Things"- Ben Atkins, "Holiday Express – Greatest Hits" and "Holiday Express Live"-here he is wrong vocalist, "The Treehouse Journals"-Dean Fri"edman, "Welcome Home"-Vickie Russell, "In the Middle of Life"-Bonnie Meadow, "Squirrels in the Attic"-Dean Friedman, "Canyoneer" No Trigger, "Stripes of Sunshine"- Licorice Roots, "Bad Nights/Better Days"-Abbie Gardner & Anthony da Costa, "Cold, Cold Year"-Amy Laber, "Sunset Waltz"-Pat Wictor, "Unbeautiful"-Lesley Roy, "At 89"-Pete Seeger, "The Bridge"-Indubious, "You"-Laura Rae, "Introducing Jesenia Jackson - I'll be your King (Live from MD)"-JESENIA JACKSON, "GreenBirdFlying"-GreenBirdFlying, "Custard wolf"-When Then, "Qual Ln."-Mark Murphy (but wrong artist), "The Irish Folk Sessions" and "The Irish Folk Sessions Vol II" both wrong Mark Murphy, and a few others.

Your help correcting these entries would be appreciated. Thanks!

Also, these 5 entries with Guy Davis are for the bassist Mark Murphy but incorrectly show under the Jazz Vocalist:

Here are screenshots for the releases mentioned in the OP.

Also 7 of these show up under Folk Artist Mark Murphy as well as Jazz Vocalist Mark Murphy (and they are not merged in my library):

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Full form submission

What’s happening?

Something else

How can we help?

None of the above

Other options

I want to report a metadata issue

I posted previously on the Mark Murphy (jazz singer) entry from Qobuz containing numerous albums for the wrong Mark Murphy(s). I got no response from Roon and the comments were shut down after 14 days. Can someone from Roon look into this?

HI @CoralRad,
I’ve reopened that topic and merged so all the history is together.
Let me tag @support in case it’s been overlooked by them.

1 Like