Incorrect composer can't be deleted

Content you’re reporting an issue with

Roon sometimes adds incorrect composers, like in Allison Neale’s album, track 5. It shows Jimmy Dorsey and Paul Mertz as composers, while it should be Jimmy Dorsey and Paul Madeira. I tried to delete Paul Mertz in the Composer editor and added a the correct second composer (Paul Madeira), but I cannot delete Paul Mertz, even though it is highlighted for deletion.

Interestingly, Roon shows the correct composers when I select composers from track 5, but doesn’t show it on the corresponding track.

Can someone help? Thanks!

Have you made any edits to this content in Roon?

Is this content from local files, TIDAL, or Qobuz?

Screenshot of import settings

Description of the issue

Have you tried editing the track credits? (3 dots edit). Perhaps there is something there for Paul Mertz that causes the extra composer. It may then in show in addition to those named in the composition editor.

Thanks Brian for getting back to me!

As a matter of fact, Roon was right in keeping three composers! After doing a bit of researching, it turns out that Paul Mertz was born as Paul Madeira Mertz, but somehow got to be known as Paul Madeira!

I have no clue how I did it, but after having my Mac switched off overnight, Paul Mertz didn’t appear as composer anymore, even though I tried to delete Paul mertz several times yesterday. Perhaps Roon’s brain needed a bit of rest :rofl:

Anyway this particular case is solved (and Roon did well), but I need to keep an eye on being able to edit composers in the corresponding track. Sometimes it works perfectly, in other cases not and I haven’t found out why.

This particular issue can be regarded as closed. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.