Increase font size in Roon?

Just wondering if there’s a way to increase font size inside the album view, track view, or even in the biography section?

7 Likes

Thanks for the request @thekatman – there isn’t any way to change the font size right now, but we’ll discuss this and see what’s possible.

What operating system and screen size are you running on?

1 Like

Thanks for the response. I’m running Yosemite OS on an Apple Macbook Air 13”.

Seconding this request, unless you find a way of making it possible to start Roon at the text enlargement settings of Windows.

I am running on a Windows 10 tablet (9 inch with 1920 x 1200), need to set the OS scaling to at least 200% (250 being better) for legible fonts - of course at that setting Roon will not start with “screen to small”.

Maybe as a first step you could implement something like the text size picker of the lyrics box for the biography and review sections.

Cheers,
Achim

1 Like

On a related note…
It seems the font size for lyrics always start out at the default size.

Every time I restart roon I change to the large font size. It would be nice if roon could remember the latest font size one used at the next restart as it would save a few mouse clicks for those of us who prefer a non-default lyrics font size.
Thanks.

1 Like

I’d like to second this request and revive the issue. When I am in the “listening” mode, I sit on the couch and the Roon screen is shown on my TV (55") on the equipment rack. There is good 3-4m distance from me to TV (of course the speakers are much closer to me into the room!), so I would like to adjust the font size of the text while I am browsing the albums. I would also like to have a default setting for the font size, for both regular text as well as for the lyrics.

2 Likes

I realize this is an older thread, but also was wondering if there was a way to make my lyric text size selection stick. It’s annoying to have to change it every time I pull up lyrics.

1 Like

I often use my iMac as a Display what’s playing. To be able to read it from a wider distance I often use a HIDPI resolution on my old non-retina iMac. So the fonts are four times as large than normal. But it would be great to a have a special display mode with bigger fonts in Roon.

Plus one, from me. I use an iPad Pro between the speakers to show what’s playing. If I don’t recognise the music or the artwork (and sometimes there isn’t any artwork) I don’t stand a chance of being able to read the artist information. I can read the song title info, however.

Seems to me this should be very easy. I can’t imagine anything these days were someone can’t change image and font sizes.

Bumping this request.

The new release has cool “Highlight so you can follow along” style lyrics but the font is a bit big and does not enable me to read ahead in the lyrics like the pre-release setting size.

As a user I would like some options to adjust the font properties for a more appealing visual experience.

Is there a Windows registry setting or two we can tweek?

Thanks!

Another one here! Windows 10 1920 x 1080.

1 Like

To the good people at Roon: If you’re gonna look at font size (a good idea), here’s a related request from an experienced designer and typesetter:

STOP STOP STOP the justified text (i.e., alignment on both left and right) in the info views. Justified text is properly used for long passages with enough words on a line not to create huge spaces between words. When there are few words on a line, justified type is harder to, um, justify. It’s worse in some views (e.g., phone) because some lines revert to left-alignment when there isn’t enough character space to justify, um, justifying.

People who know nothing about type justify everything because it’s cool to be able to do so. Design pros, with the exception of book and magazine designers (and even them sometimes), use left-justification because justifying shorter lines of text makes that text LESS readable, not more.

I’m willing to admit that I’m firing from a pretty esoteric corner of the universe here, but we all have different areas in which we’ve built expertise. For the love of all that is holy, in type at least, please just left-justify.

(No charge for this counsel.)

2 Likes