Increasing bit depth when doing MUSE filtering or bit rate conversion [SUPPORTED]

For example, when doing filtering on a 44 kHz 16 bit signal, the output should have more than 16 bits to maintain full information. In this case, one could output a 44 kHz 24 bit signal.

Currently , one can do bit rate conversion, for example, from 44 kHz to 88 kHz, and I assume that more bits are maintained, although it is not clear that this is true.

Perhaps add a button to convert from 16 to 24 bit, or just make this the default…

this may also be useful when attenuating during playback.

I’m not sure what you mean. ARC already does conversion before any actions, do you mean something else?

If I understand correctly what you mean, this depends on the DAC‘s input capability. Mine accepts up to 32 bits

and so Roon sends 32 bits after finishing DSP

All of this is displayed transparently in the Signal path. Roon converts from floating point to integer at the greatest bit depth the specific network protocol and endpoint equipment support.

AJ

OK, great

Now I see how to see these details and I’m glad that it is being done correctly…

This topic was automatically closed after 13 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.