INFO: Qobuz Black Friday subscription gift card promo

Qobuz is offering a 25% discount on a 12 month gift card for the Studio subscription.
Anyone know if existing customers can use this?

3 Likes

yes, i currently bought it for myself two hours ago and they send me an email and the new year got added to my currently monthly subscription. one year QOBUZ for around 10€ instead of 15€ a month isn’t that bad, so i did it.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if the Qobuz 25% off streaming BF coupon is valid for existing users? Thanks!

Here’s what I got direct from Qobuz via Twitter:

Hi Fred, yes you can use it for your renewal but you’ll need to wait until the end of your current plan, and not automatically renew either.

If you have a monthly plan, please cancel the plan and wait until the end of that period to use the code.

The Qobuz Team

Tried it but got

It finally worked somehow - though it was EUR 112,50 when it says on the page linked here USD 98,- :thinking:

I was on monthly billing but needed to cancel my existing plan to add the voucher code. Then the contract showed the unexpired portion of the plan in addition to my new annual discount subscription.

A word of caution…i couldn’t find code entry page from the link provided by Qobuz, after much hair pulling I signed out & back in then the page appeared.

Sent 3 emails to Qobuz, no responses. After successfully applying the BF annual Studio code I purchased, and having it apply fine to 12/2023, I got charged $141 USD by Xandrie (their US processor or partner billing company). This time I just went to credit card customer service and cancelled.

Not sure why Qobuz would not handle their billing and BF coupons a bit better.

Do Qobuz still offer customer service via email? Last time I needed to contact them, I could only do it via web chat…

Yeah, web chat seems to be the only customer service path. I ultimately had to file a credit card dispute. They told me that gift cards could be applied to existing accounts; they applied the gift card to the account including showing paid up status through next year; then they charged me the annual renewal fee anyway. So the card got used up, but I got no credit for it. It looks like a bad piece of coding in their subscription payment portal – it shouldn’t accept a gift card, show the credit, and then charge a renewal fee anyway. That uses up the card and gives no value. Either accept the card and credit the account, or reject the card and allow me to give it to someone else.

Any US users on annual studio plan going to try the BF 10% discount this year?

Oops, the original psot was from last year. Seems like a year gets less discounted this year than shorter duration plans.