INFO: SongKong Pro Music Tagger 20% Discount for Roon Users

Thanks, I look forward to this feature.

I purchased SongKong this weekend using the posted discount, I like it better than Bliss. Thanks

Thanks Ricardo

Cheers Mike, I will check it out.

When it comes to digital files meta data is everything to me.

I purchased Pro, thank you for the great program, continued development and discount!

I am looking for a tool that will identify the different resolutions and look for duplicates within a resolution - so if i have 2 hires 96 albums its a dup, if i have one and one mp3 320 its not. Bliss would not do this or offer support in this direction. I am trying to de dup my library and correct the library structure. Would SongKong do this or offer any help in this direction, thanks, Lou.

Hi Louis
With SongKong you can restrict duplicates within an audio format. So if you have the same album as both Wav and Mp3 and you have the Find duplicates within same audio format only enabled then they would not find a duplicate as you require.

We don’t currently have an option to restrict to a resolution within a format, so if you had 16bit and 24bit WAV versions that could give duplicate. However you can run choose to keep the version with greatest bit depth (e.g 24bit rather than 16bit) , or run preview only, or elect to move duplicate rather than delete so I think you can achieve what you would like quite simply with SongKong

@paultaylor you mentioned (in email) that a “bug fix” is due imminently, is it likely to happen soon?

Thanks in anticipation.

Paul L

Hi, there will definitely be a new release with new features and fixes sometime this coming week. Purchases of SongKong give free updates for one year.

1 Like

A new keyboard needed :grin:

We have now released SongKong 6.1 Elephant.

This is the first version to support adding artist images. When we say artist images we don’t just mean the release artists, we can find also find images for the tracks artists, composer, lyricist, conductor, and orchestra!

Hi guys, wanted to give advanced warning that this discount will end on the May 31st, so if you are interested you have one week left !

Paul, SongKong filled in many holes left by Roon, thank you!

1 Like

@paultaylor

Hi Paul, I’ve set SongKong to update genres but Roon is showing (number) instead of the genre name. Is there a setting in SongKong Save MP3 tags that is known to work better with Roon and avoid the number genres?

There is a predefined list of genres that can be represented by a number, but if you enable Save songs so that they work best with iTunes on the Save tab that should force them to be saved as the text value

Thanks, how about the tag version? Any reason to not use v24?

No, actually I would recommend using v24 its just that it is not quite as well supported as v23, that may also solve the genre issue.

Thanks again. I’ve reprocessed the files but Roon still shows (xx) genres. I think I’ll use the built-in genre mapping ability in Roon to match this table: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3

@Larry_Post

I have checked the code and enabling the Save songs so they work best with iTunes does ensure that when the files are saved genres are written as text, however the files will only be rewritten if SongKong has decided they need to be saved. So if there is new metadata or you have modified options to change the metadata then the song will be resaved, if not it will not. If you look at the Summary tab of your last report, and checked the Saved bar you can see if any songs were not actually saved.

If not you could change an option to force a save, and then change back. You could certainly argue that is a minor bug and SongKong should identify when genre is number and user wants to write as text or vice versa that should trigger a save (since that what happens for other options such as changing MP3 Metadata version to trigger tags to be converted to V23/V24).

No worries, mapping the number to name in Roon was quick and easy.