INFO: SongKong Pro Music Tagger 20% Discount for Roon Users

Hi Guys we are pleased to announce SongKong 6.2 Hunkpapa has now been released, and this new release has some major performance improvements that we describe at http://blog.jthink.net/2019/06/songkong-62-hunkpapa-performance.html

To celebrate this we are offering a 20% discount for Roon users who purchase the Pro version, just enter promo code ROONPROHUNKPAPA at checkout.

Hi Paul,

I cannot install the update due to an extraction error when trying to get the files out of the ZIP (64bit WIN 10). I have downloaded it twice on two different PCs but get the same issue. I am a registered user of Song Kong Pro.
Sorry to have to contact you via this forum but I cannot register on your Jthink forum due to the Capcha image not displaying properly (image cut off) on my browser (Chrome on Mac).

Hi Anthony, sorry something went wrong there, now fixed please redownload, regarding the SongKong forum, the forum software is a bit outdated so the plan is to Discourse Forum software, just like Roon does !

1 Like

Hi Paul,
many thanks for the rapid support and on a Sunday too. All sorted now and working well.

Cheers
Tony

We are pleased to announce the release of Songkong 6.3 Psychocandy

Reports now has Browse by Artist/Album

In this new release we have introduced a new section called Browse by Artist/Album . This group the songs by the album artist and album metadata and lets you browse the songs in this grouping. This shows all songs processed by Fix Songs, not only the songs that SongKong actually modified.

We show artist and album artwork if SongKong has it, and also add badges indicating how many songs exist for this metadata and how many change.

This new section of the report is similar to how albums are viewed in Roon and should make it easier to manage your music.

Reports Song Changes section revamped as Browse By Folder

The Song Changes section has now been renamed, and instead of showing a single tree it now uses tiles to let you browse by folder in a similar way to Browse by Artist/Album.

It now shows all songs processed, not only the modified songs. If a folder has a folder.jpg in the folder then this is displayed as the folder image.

Providing Browse by Artist/Album and Browse By Folder sections make it much easier to identify any discrepancies between file structure and metadata

Also tiles rather than tree works better for mobile and small screen devices.

I use that on iTunes
Works well
Does it work with Roon
Ray

I doubt it, it basically populates the Lyrics Tag , which I believe Roon ignores in favour of its own Lyrics Lookup

We are pleased to announce the release of SongKong 6.4 Treasure
treasure

grid

We have now released SongKong 6.5 Doolittle Music Tagger with over 30 fixes and improvements, http://blog.jthink.net/2019/10/songkong-65-doolittle-released-october.html

Pixies-Doolittle

Thanks @paultaylor, that’s a good list of fixes nailed.

I now have some time to dedicate to sorting all my tagging out and was wondering whether the roon discount was still valid/available?

Yours hopefully
Nick

Hi Nick
The previous promo has expired, but since you asked so nicely I have created a new one, simply enter DOOLITTLEROON at checkout to get 20% of SongKongPro, valid until end of October

2 Likes

Thanks Paul, pro license purchased this morning

@paultaylor I have been playing around with SongKong Lite to see whether it works for me. Is there no column for release year in the manual edit mode? I can’t find anything pertaining to the date of a recording. Thanks.

@Robert_Daines it appears not, that is an oversight in Manual Edit. What I would say is the focus of SongKong is automatic matching and that does have Release Year, Manual Edit is an extra that I added to allow manual edit from web browser directly on servers, I have now raised an issue to add this for next release.

We have now released SongKong 6.6 Red with very nice improvements to the reports amongst other things - http://blog.jthink.net/2019/10/songkong-66-red-released-october-23rd.html

This includes filter and search for the browse sections, and a new Composer/Work and Albums browse sections.

1 Like

Hi this now works with Roon 1.7, since they now read from standard tags instead of their own non-standard tag

1 Like

We have now released SongKong 1.7 Closer this includes a fix for Roon Artist Credits, and support on MacOS for notarization, Apple Music App and Dark Appearance.

@paultaylor Thanks for adding release dates to SongKong Lite!

Paul
I was using Bliss prior to Songkong… I have not opened Bliss in months.

I hit my first snag when I tried to add metadata to Motown 69. I had to add each artist by hand.

Hi Ricardo
Not entirely sure what you mean, but the best thing to do is run Create Support Files from SongKong, this will send me your logs and last few reports so I can see exactly what has occurred.