INFO: SongKong Pro Music Tagger 20% Discount for Roon Users

@paultaylor, just a quick question re how SK handles shutdowns/ reboots when it’s midstream - does it cleanly pick up where it left off?

So in the rare case that our computer shutdowns half way through because of a power outage or similar the good news is that SongKong saves songs folder by folder as they are matched, so for all the songs it says it has saved the changes have been saved.

With the default settings if you rerun FixSongs it will not try to rematch the songs already matched so it should just match songs it hasn’t attempted yet plus songs it did attempt to find a match for but failed first time round.

I lost internet connectivity and the process processed 3/5 of the library. Re-running it seems to redo the 3/5 as well, i.e. start from scratch?

I think you’ll find that for the ones already matched it would only check for any new metadata for the matched album (easy part) rather than trying to actually find a matching album (hard part) , and it would only have to actually have to save files if they had changed (and in most cases they would not).

If you would like to run Create Support Files I can double check this for you, there are options that affect this, for example if you set For songs already fully matched to Rematch then it would indeed rematch all songs ignoring previous matches.

Or if you only running in Preview mode then nothing in the files are actually changed, therefore if you ran again it would essentially be as if running for the first time.

These are the options I’m resented with (using Lite for the time being)

If I press Start (even with For songs already fully matched set to ignore) it seems to reprocess the lot without having regard to whether or not there has been any change to a file’s last modified time, so in effect it seems like the existing database is updated as if the files have never been scanned previously, or am I missing something?

But none are actually matched because you are running in Preview mode, in preview mode the report just show what could be matched. If you only have Lite (free) license then there is really only any point running Fix Songs once (unless you want to try out different settings) to see if the results look good, and therefore worth purchasing a license.

We have now released SongKong 1.8 Rumours

rumours

Hi!
Anyone seen any discounts for SongKong? Planing to buy it this week :slight_smile:

Ask @paultaylor nicely :star_struck:

Dear @paultaylor. Is it possible there are any discount/redeem codes for your fantastic app SongKong that i want to buy? :wink:

Thank you in advance!

@D-P-West I have setup a new 20% discount on SongKong Pro, just enter promo code IHEARDARUMOUR in shopping cart.

Everyone, this discount is available for SongKong Pro until the end of the month.

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you! My quarantine is saved!

1 Like

Told you @paultaylor was a nice guy

SongKong 6.9 Mercury now available

We have a new promotion, enter THANKYOU as promo code for 20% discount.

2 Likes

SongKong 6.10 Odelay now available

Just a heads up if you are thinking about taking advantage of this, it is still valid but will expire at the end of September, so you only have a couple of weeks left.

SongKong 6.11 Floodland Available

This release is mainly small improvements and bug fixes.

Most notably we make some improvements to the import of metadata from Naim Wav files. We also fix an issue whereby Delete Duplicates would always stop if didn’t complete after one hour, made some improvements to the Delete Duplicates report and we handle some quite obscure issues with Fix Songs .

Is that import from the old style naim Wav and separate metadata on the older server or the new type - or both?

Its for the older unitiserve server (amginfo.xml, cddbinfo.txt and useredits.xml files)
Do plan to support json files from the unitcore as well but not done yet.