INFO: Very Affordable Intel Celeron NUC Endpoint

All looks good to me. I use WD and Corsair in a couple of my builds.

:+1: will let you know how i get on

Hi Henry all the bits on their way corsair 8gb ddr3l , WD 240gb 2.5” ssd as it was the same price as 120gb and easier to get hold of NUC6CAYH
I am assuming set up is per instruction as the recommended i7BEH although we dont have an nvme m.2 only the 2.5” ssd hopefully this will all go smoothly but hey there might be a cry for help thanks everyone for the support and help so far

2 Likes

Mission accomplished intel nuc NUC6CAYH as endpoint WD 240gb 2.5” ssd ( smallest i could find at a reasonable price Corsair 8Gb DDR3L sodimm again down to availability and cost followed as instructed.
All worked fine output choice from was the core NOT signed into selected HDMI 0 and tweeked the settings changed 2.0 to 5.1 in advanced
Just a quick note i did try installing Roon bridge on my htpc which i use for home cinema which is connected to my AV receiver via hdmi but i had a noise from the two Rel S812 subs in my system
Thank you guys for all your help support V Happy :blush:

3 Likes

Congrats! Happy Listening.

Hi after a successful install etc getting a stutter on playback of not just 5.1.dsf files but also other DSD128 files i have all other files play fine has anyone else experienced this any ideas on how to resolve my AV receiver is supposed to be able to play the dsf64 files over hdmi its a Pioneer SC LX901

Peter:

If I’m remembering correctly, you cannot send .dsf/DSD native over HDMI (unless it is a licensed SACD player like the Oppo UDP-203/205). You have to convert those multichannel DSD files in your ROON core to PCM and then you can send them via HDMI to your AVR. If your AVR can accept DSD over DOP, then that may be another way to do it, although I’m not sure what, if any, AVRs can accept DOP via HDMI. I think when I originally tried to do it (even with the Oppo in between the endpoint and the AVR), it turned out all kinds of distorted sounds. A ROON NUC core or endpoint, could, of course, send multichannel DSD native over USB and ethernet network connections if you have a multichannel DAC that’s capable of receiving DSD. I am able to play even higher resolution DSD (> DSD 128) without issues via an HDMI connection to my AVR, as long as I first convert them to PCM in the core. If anyone has a better answer, please correct me.

• john
1 Like

Hi that is exactly how the settings are in the roon core convert to PCM but it is also doing it with other stereo DSD128 files

1 Like

Just an FYI, I had to do a re-install on my Win10 NUCi5 and while I did it I swapped over to this Celeron NUC as my Core…works faultlessly, can even do some modest upsampling and DSP if I want to. I rarely do, but it works fine.

I even still use it as the endpoint…still better than an RPI4 running Ropieee.

1 Like

Can you use the HDMI for 5.1 and stereo?