Install b0rked after migrating to ROCK from Mac Roon

Well, nothing is changing, so yeah.

Wow, this total lack of progress indicators and error messages makes it very frustrating to diagnose things.

1 Like

I’ve decided to just drag the files into Roon, and let it import all the files as if I had done it that way. Maybe I’ll end up with a double copy of everything. At least this way, I can see that an import is taking place.

And it just says file 1/26989 files for the last hour.

Hey, that’s progress :stuck_out_tongue:

Try to have a look at where it put it, it might tell us something…

@support, it’s the weekend and everything, but you guys want to give this one a go ?

So is there a way for me to:

1. Get rid of the existing core on the NUC, so that I can
  2. Put a new core on there that works?

Because I have far more attachment to my sanity than I do to those ****ing stupid iTunes files which are only really useful insofar as they tell Roon what I used to listen to a few years ago. If I never recover the files, that’s no biggie compared to the stress of spending days trying to hunt down what the **** went wrong.

Of course - just launch Roon on another device, and login there. Done.

Re-import your library database if you have to, same with the files.

No, if I go to the Settings>General, I can choose between connecting to the (non-working) core on the NUC, or creating a new core on the Mac. Which, if I want to get it onto the NUC, I would go through the same backup>migration that didn’t work. You can see why I might not want to do that.

My wrong, misread, thought you were fed up with trying with the NUC and wanted to move back to your mac.

The backup / migration is for the library, in the database sense of the word. That still exists somewhere, like where it originally was.

The files also exist, unless you moved them rather than copied them.

From what you’ve described, unless I’m missing something, you shouldn’t be losing anything if you restart from scratch

Before you do that, let’s try something really easy (and please humor me here)

Unmount you ROCK, restart your mac, remount the ROCK from the finder, navigate to rock / data / Storage / InternalStorage / , and drop a single one of your files into there. Root of the folder, no subfolders, no special characters in the name, just a simple file.

If the file shows up, it’s a good sign that the install went well (which appears to have been the case).

If it doesn’t, well…

Alright, I think you’ve given me a solid idea of how to proceed. Thanks for your suggestions.