Install Roon Server on QNAP QTS 4.5.3

I am trying to re-install RoonServer on my QNAP NAS with QTS 4.5.3
1.When I search QNAP AppCenter “All Apps” or “Entertainment” there is no RoonServer.
Previous web browsing indicates that it should be there. Why isn’t it there? This is my preferred installation method.
2. I have downloaded RoonServer_linuxx64.tar.bz2 and roonserver-installer-linuxx64.sh
and copied them to Qnap Public folder. When I attempt a manual installation from AppCenter these files are not recognised.

I am not a software engineer. I just want to complete a simple installation of my licenced RoonServer software.

I would be very grateful for any help.
Robin

The package was removed due to an issue with the package. You can find a copy of the package here (http://roononnas.org/) in advance of the QNAP release.

Hi John
Thank you. But I’ve searched through roononnas.org and I can’t find the package.
If you’ve more info to help my search I’d be grateful.
Robin

I downloaded it there this morning. It’s a red box entitled “(V2021-05-18) Installer for QNAP (x64)”. Scroll down. It’s in the middle of the page.

Robin - scroll down the home page - the download link is at the bottom:-

Michael

1 Like

I found it. (I had to use a browser on my old windows7 pc. I still have problems with my new Windows 10 pc)
Thanks a lot.
Robin

Just one last question. Which browser and OS did you use for your download link?
In windows 10 the section starting - “Previous versions of …” up to and including the red link “(V2021-05-18 Installer for QNAP (x64)” - is not displayed.
After 2 days of searching, I could only see this section when I used a browser on my windows 7 PC.
Robin

I’m using Firefox on Win10…

Michael