Integrate Deezer streaming service

First, cool with it the hyperbole. Words and their definitions matter, especially so with words like “slander”. A critical part of the definition of slander requires the statement to be false. ​The only slandering here is the one you are making when accusing me of slander. I have said nothing false.

Now, for the weirdness of this. There is nothing weird or out of the usual… It is perfectly aligned with what was done in the past and what will be required in the future.

Checking out the past Qobuz threads… I’ve had no change in course. Qobuz failed to make progress on Roon integration multiple times while saying they were interested, and then their CEO actively came out and said something to the effect of “we will copy all of Roon’s features soon”.

I called them out on their delays and lack of public decision one way of the other. Eventually, they came around. Not saying Deezer will, but I’m willing to wait and see, with no hard feelings either way.

I had a very bad experience where Spotify gave us the run around for over a year when we had a complete Spotify integration (this is at Sooloos, pre-Roon). Finally, they came back to us with a definitive answer and pulled the plug. We won’t let another company waste our time like that. I call it as it is: we’re very happy to do the integration, but we need to do things correctly and I’m not willing to pussyfoot around the topic. Our customers appreciate that we tell them what it takes to do the integration, and what our position is. What has Deezer told you about this?

Which as you’ve pointed out is uncommon. How do/would you use Deezer with HQ Player now?

2 Likes