Integrate Deezer streaming service

Deezer hasn’t told “me” anything. You yourself pointed to their forum post where they say they’re interested in the integration but want to update their SDK first. Which is about as much as you told us, which is to say nothing substantial other than “would be happy to, but ‘reasons’”.
The other things I said about their existing API and SDK is based on their public documentation on the two.

I get that you feel wary about not playing it ultra safe after your personal experience with Spotify but maybe you can transcend that in lights of the existance of FOSS projects who are able to keep up with Deezer to enable users to, err, have alternative ways of playing Deezer’s content on their computers.

At any rate you’d have at least two avenues of integrating Deezer right now… Using their official API and SDK or taking a page out of one of those FOSS projects books.

And I wouldn’t be able to use Deezer with HQPlayer right now - that’s my point. That’s exactly why I very much appreciate even a basic integration into Roon. I’m sorry if my description of my use case made this hard to infer.

I’ll hapily edit my wording if you’re concerned about it. Can’t help but notice how thin-skinned you seem to be around this aspect. Keep in mind that I’m just an individual and not another company and that English probably isn’t my native language. And while you say you won’t pussyfoot around your integration requirements when officially working with another company, you do keep pussyfooting around in this conversation - focussing on semantics, and your related but not necessarily relevant past experiences to justify your unwillingness to compromise. At the same time you ask me questions I already answered in the very message before and otherwise completely omit any response to my use case description that I gave you solely because you were asking about it.