Integrating streaming services other than Tidal

Agreed. I do use Tidal on my phone - including offline downloads which is particularly useful when I am traveling. However this is a completely different experience or purpose to the Roon integration for my Hifi system at home. Btw The rest of my family prefers spotify.

Any news on this? Would be great to have google play and or Spotify. Tidal’s library is still lacking

the integration of spotify, youtoub etc would be true sdie integration of spotify, youtoub etc really super I would also buy an additional license for it

My regular issue with Tidal, is with albums they have published on the service, that my subscription isnt able to access.

Time after time, they tell me, yes its published, but the artist may not have made it available in your region. They tell me, to contact the artist. As if.

The latest one, is Jade Imagine. Australian artist. Launched a new EP. Got a link to the Tidal page for it. When I try to play, bang, product not available. Why on earth would an Australian artist, not publish to the Australian region?? And why should I be contacting the artist direct? Why cant Tidal play a role, in resolving this?

There is something deeper going on in the Tidal system, that they are not addressing.

Childish Gambino, no. Violent Soho, no. Jade Imagine, no. I’m getting sick of this people.

Using streaming services, to play music, has become the main way we all listen to current music.

I get Roon’s position. But, I emplore them to reconsider this. If Tidal is the only integration option, this is going to become a bigger and bigger issue. I’m not happy to license roon only to play my library of 10,000 tracks. It has to have streaming integration. And tidal is just not cutting it. IMHO

Qobuz?

/////

1 Like

I’ll give Qobuz a try.

I got another response from Tidal. It isn’t a region issue.

They said the title I want to play, is only available to Hires users. Regular ‘Premium’ users don’t have access to it.

:-/

Just tried to sign up to Qobuz.

Not available in Australia.

Unfortunately, integration options are limited.

Why wouldn’t one use the hIgh res version of Tidal with Roon?

Because I am content with lossy, for my streaming needs.

I managed to sign up through Roon using a VPN, once you have signed up you don’t need to use the VPN. I signed up using the UK and also gave an address within the UK. I also live in Australia.

I have also read on the Roon forums of users sending an to email Qobuz politely asking if they would let them sign up, apparently Qobuz are/were quite forthcoming.

While that may be frustrating, I do have A LOT of sympathy with record companies / artists being restrictive of what they offer to whom and at what price on their services. As an artist - except some main street names - you cant really make money with streaming.

Which is why quite a few labels dont offer anything on streaming services, others only their back-catalog.

Streaming may be a comfy thing for consumers but is bad for artists. But thats another topic.

So if you wnat that particular artist, you may have to invest just a few dollars more.

1 Like

All of the artists I would like to listen to, make their music available in lossy format on other (more.economical) streaming platforms.

It kind of undermines your argument.

As consumers, we all have a voice.

While I love all of the features of a properly integrated streaming service.

I would happily sacrifice ‘features’ to be able to simply lookup and play tracks/albums, on other streaming services, through my Roon system.

I can’t help but feel like Roon are being purists. When other solutions can offer that basic functionality.

No, it proves my argument. Pay more and you get my recording in its full glory is what artist is trying to say :grinning:

1 Like

If I want to hear the artist in all their glory, I will buy the record.

If I just want to have a listen, I will happily listen to lossy, on my Roon system.

When I can no longer listen to affordable music services through Roon, then that becomes a major limitation of Roon. IMHO

That’s fine, you may have to just buy a CD or a download of what’s missing. That may work ot cheaper to stream High Res but it’s all choices.

That’s the opposite of what Roon provide. They have an ethos, you can do the other stuff without Roon.

Tidal High Res is very affordable in my opinion, it’s just a question of individual priorities. If one doesn’t want to afford it, that’s a choice. It’s never about money at this level, it’s priorities.

I pay annually for Qobuz and every 6 months for Tidal, and lifetime for Roon. That makes it all affordable and very worthwhile to me.

1 Like