Integrating streaming services other than Tidal

Tidal can’t control the regional limitations that labels put on them, it’s the same for all services. The record companies strike different deals in each country same reason film and video content is also not always available through a provider you might subscribe to. All of HBO in UK has to go via Sky, I have Virgin Media so I have to grin and bare it. Not that I would give Sky any of my money anyway.

1 Like

Hi, you may have missed the post, confirming this is not a region issue?

So, they are being purists?

This level?

It’s.digital. :rofl:

Everything about digital, is convenience.

What’s the problem, it’s their vision to do things differently for music lovers. Works for me

Digital is convenient but can also be very high quality. So for me, I get the best of both worlds. I can have ALL the convenience without sacrificing quality in any way.
I would never have believed almost all the music in the world would be available to me in the very high quality we have today for a few pounds a month, only a few short years ago.
We are blessed and I don’t see any point penny pinching it.

Penny pinching. Wow, how offensive.
:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Perhaps you should accept other consumers have different opinions to your own.

My opinion, integrating with only 1 or 2 fringe streaming services, is a major major limitation. For a top end streaming product.

What is wrong with this scenario?

1. Use Roon with properly integrated streaming service providers, and experience all the features as intended. (Pick the ones Roon endorses Tidal, Qobuz).

2. Use Roon with streaming services that have limited features, to search and playback. (Use the ones you want, and make a conscious choice that some features are diminished).

Supporting both 1 and 2 above, Roon will have a more.comprehensive product, potentially reaching more customers. IMHO.

And is there anything wrong with that?

1 Like

I imagine, there will definitely be alot of people not licensing Roon, due to the limited integrations.

Yes. It wouldnt add any value. Roon is a high end service. No point in messing around with lowend providers.

You either have a Ferrari or a Ford. Make your choice. You got plenty low end alternatives.

1 Like

With either Tidal or Qobuz (or both), we have access to just about any LP ever recorded. All are at least CD quality and many are 24/96 or 24/192. Personally, I could not ask for more. If I wanted lower than CD quality, I would use Apple Music or Spotify and would not need Roon. I actually do use Apple Music with Carplay with a free account by way of Verizon. I also have a free Spotify account via Bose that I never use.

1 Like

Because Roon is not like other streaming products. Other services currently dont want to allow Roon the level of access it requires to be the product it is without breaking their vision for their product. You buy into it or you don’t , they are not going to change it’s unique way of doing things. If you want all the services then go Sonos or Bluesound, they are hardware sellers and happily add any service to sell more hardware. The experience is not the same you just get a portal and no unificaction of it all and a pretty souless experience it is. I have Bluesound and never use its app as it’s garbage, cluttered and every service has different feel and level of use. If you don’t want the features Roon offers then I suggest you look elsewhere as without the level of integration Roon requires then Roon is not Roon.

1 Like

Who says I don’t want the features? [Moderated]

I currently license it (roon), for a whole bunch of functional reasons.

And I am purely talking functionality here.

But if you guys think that digital streaming is top end, you’re either delusional, or you just don’t know what top end audio is. Just my opinion. Don’t take offense. :v:

You guys do accept that others have walked away from Tidal, due to catalog issues.

I’m not taking offence, but you where saying you want Roon to offer more streaming services and I gave your the reason they currently don’t. They are not going to add services that cannot work as the current ones do and break the way Roon works.

If you want others then a compromise has to be met. I wanted Spotify as well as Tidal and Qobuz so I bought devices that can support Spotify connect and Roon. I know Roon can’t integrate Spotify as Spotify only allow their app to control it and not third party products.

The key part of original post is ‘integration’. If other services could be integrated like Qobuz and Tidal are, it would be great. But if you start tacking on little bits and pieces to ‘satisfy’ one clique or another, the product is a mess.

1 Like

Exactly just like Bluesound, absolute dogs dinner of an app.

And to me, Live Radio is trending in the direction of being a tack on. I know people love the functionality, but it just sort of hangs off the rest of Roon. I suppose the integration is an ability to click on the artist or track and connect to it.
If you have five or ten other streams appended to Roon and the only integration is distribution of digital streams to endpoints, it’s no longer Roon. It is Sonos, or BlueOS, you name it, with more pretty pictures.

Personally, I see Roon as a premium product partnered with two premium streaming providers. I hope they never decide to lower their standards. There are plenty of other providers for that market segment.

Good point. I use and enjoy the Live Radio feature. Glad it’s there.

I am also glad for the feature rich experience I have, in playing back my home digital library of music. It’s part of the reason i have Roon, that and hardware agnostic multiroom support.

Roon is a software product. It has been developed chock full of nice features. And the way it integrates with Tidal and Qobuz is nice.

The fact that Roon won’t compromise on its integration standards, is a choice. It doesn’t have to be that way. But it is.

We are allowed to have different opinions here. :v:

1 Like

Yes, we are. But I purchased a lifetime subscription to Roon for what it is, not what I wish it would become.