Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Replying to Chris’ “all the music in the world” quote. I listen mostly to rock and some classical and jazz. I was with Tidal for about 8 months. It was fine through Roon as an extension of my existing owned music but worthless on it’s own if you aren’t into hip-hop/rap. Everything is slanted so heavily towards those genre’s. Yes, they do have ways to customize this, a little, but nothing like Spotify or most other services. I thought Tidal’s discovery and playlists were really poor and limited compared to other services.

I was excited for Qobuz and signed up for a trial in December 2019. I couldn’t find a way to search their catalog without signing up, if there is, please let me know. I installed the app and was 0 for 5 in terms of my first band searches. There were 0 Metallica albums (they have since added a few as I found out because I’m on their email list still) and under their discovery features, they essentially dumped all rock and pop together into one list (maybe two, I might be off a bit here).

If you use Roon, there are probably 50 or more (maybe even into the 100’s) of subgenre’s just under what Qobuz would lump into a single rock category as “rock.” I’m assuming that this is the case for other types of music as well.

This is why I keep hoping for Amazon HD or maybe a future Spotify HD so that I can get a decent in-car music experience and extend it to Roon as well.

3 Likes