Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Feedback to Amazon sent :wink:

Sadly it almost certainly is an automated response but at some point I assume some human will read at least a subset of the feedback. As someone who used to be a researcher into natural language understanding I can actually see some specific markers in that text that give it away. It even reminds me of the output from a program called “Eliza” that was a famous AI project in the 1960s. “I can understand that your concern about have any plans to support Roon integration” could be straight out of Eliza!

One thing I would suggest is that people try to use exactly the same phrase in their feedback. It would be better if we don’t have some people saying stuff like “Will you integrate with Roon”, others saying “Please do a Roon integration” and others even “Roon has Tidal and Qobuz already integrated, adding Amazon would help you get to a bigger audiophile audience” or whatever.

It is very possible that Amazon is doing automated screening on the feedback as well as human review where the automated feedback might be trying to find trending keywords and/or phrases. I am sure that everyone is mentioning “Roon” so that might trend as a keyword but I suggest that people also try to make sure the exact phrase “Roon integration” is included so that any phrasal as opposed to simple keyword analysis will have the best chance of seeing that trending and might get a flag raised that there are a lot of requests for “Roon integration”. By all means add more explanation etc but I suggest that at least somewhere in the feedback the exact phrase “Roon integration” is used by everyone submitting feedback.

2 Likes

+1 for integration with Amazon

+1 for Amazon HD

Hi Rooners!
a +1 for the Amazon-Integration…or do we support a monopolist ?

Greets

+1 with fingers crossed

+1 here too.

+1 for adding Amazon Music integration

TBH, if the OP truly dislikes Jay-Z (and Beyonce, and Kanye, and Lil Wayne, and Madonna, and Chris Martin and any of the others that have some stake in it), then he might want to sub and keep it going as it has been bleeding red ink from the start and is teetering on going under all the time.

Yes the searches and front page does absolutely favor these artists (Especially Jay-Z and Beyonce), however the curation and playlists are excellent and better than any others I have seen except Roon’s radio feature. Qobuz also generates excellent curated playlists, and the best thing about the service (except their exceptional sound quality) is the featuring of artists that are a bit off the US mainstream.

I worry about Amazon’s penchant for favoring “sponsored products” and how that will affect curation and discovery.

2 Likes

Just signed up for the trial, so far so good. Given that Amazon is the 9000 gorilla in the room - when will Roon support the Amazon music service?

I know you guys are probably just aware of the news but “Let’s make in happen, captain” - Men In Black II

thanks,

j

Yip, it’ll be done by morning, no worries.

1 Like

This is service has been around since 2007. Adding higher res content won’t likely change how they do anything as far as curation and discovery. What you see is probably what you will continue to get.

The other services at least recognise DACs properly and alllow exclusive access and not the system audio take the lead as the Amazon apps do. Personally I want a service that gets the most out of my kit not hobble it.

3 Likes

And who is to say they won’t do this ? The HD service has just begun and being the optimist I think they will ultimately do what you want .

1 Like

Look. Amazon Ultra may not be for you or everyone here. However, it might be a great alternative for some. Why not embrace new entries into the high definition market? Competition is a good thing, not a bad thing. If you don’t want to try it, then don’t.

Not everyone is looking for the same thing. Some of us have better things to do with our money than to spend $50,000 or more on a music playback system. While Roon has many advantages, it has more or less value depending on your wants and needs.

1 Like

9 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

I can stream Amazon HD directly to my Anthem processor via DTS Play-Fi.
While the user interface is crappy, it gets the job done. Would still prefer the Roon interface. I’ll buy a Nucleus, when and if, Amazon is supported.

1 Like

@David_Brown2 I do this with airplay, and the sound is not that good when you compare it with Roon Qobuz or Tidal. Hopefuly you get better sound!

+1, I really hope this will happen

Adding another vote for Amazon’s Hi res music offering - its great for us with prime.

1 Like