Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Well if all they do in the near future, is release a Roon update with a radio directory and a few more bugs - hell will probably break loose :wink:

They have been very quiet about the search “bug” and keeping the iOS app uptodate (like other developers in the app store) has also been dragged. Have developers left the building, or are they on holiday? At the moment something seems wrong, that is probably why some customers are getting nervous or agrrevated.

As I wrote before communication is key, we are here - but where are the voices from the little company we are supporting?

A simple " guys we are looking into it, but cannot write more at the moment" would suffice.

1 Like

Their reputation so far is to speak when there is something to speak about.

Its no different to what coming soon in whatever update is coming soon .

I have no axe to grind being in South Africa , we cant even buy from Amazon without a fuss. Amazon Prime Video has only just hit us, its very good

Patience is a Virtue :rofl:

2 Likes

+1 from this lifetime subscriber, fwiw

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

I think this is going to get interesting. Roon, obviously, is concerned about this new provider.

Amazon has the money and the reach to seriously hurt Tidal and Qobuz. And, if they decide to do it, they could ignore Roon and/or create their own Roon-like software player to integrate with their ecosystem.

I am not sure what the benefit is to Amazon to integrate their library into Roon. We, the Roonies, may just be a blister on the gnat’s butt to them.

OTOH, I hope I am wrong; Amazon, whether through a buyout or direct integration, could cement Roon’s future. As I said, it is going to get interesting.

Amazon or Roon, either or both, might require “no public comment” during any possible conversations.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

Another long-time Roon/Nucleus user hoping for Amazon Music HD integration. I’m concerned that Roon will be left out in the cold if TIDAL and Qobuz are blown up by Amazon’s entry into the market. Getting some attention from Amazon’s 100 million Prime users would be a huge opportunity for Roon.

2 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

I just want to put this out there in case I’m right. I’m predicting roon announces their upgrade this Wednesday after Amazon’s announcement. It will included Amazon music HD integration and new Echo devices as roon endpoints.

My predictions are so far 0/1. Thought upgrades would happen end of Aug/early Sept. I’d much rather get this one right.

There are no public APIs for Amazon Music. Unless Amazon has given Roon special access (which I doubt), this is not going to happen.

Wet dreams.

Amazon Ultra is really sounding good streaming from my Dell XPS 15, Dragonfly Cobalt DAC, and Sony headphones. I really hope they can get integrated into the Roon ecosystem. Of course, then, why do I need Tidal and Qobuz.

In round $'s:

Qobuz $25
Tidal $20
Amazon $15
Roon $10
Total $70

or

Amazon $15
Roon $10
Total $25

I wonder if Amazon has any interest in the side of Roon or other media players that manage local collections. I mean, those collections are stocked with ripped CDs bought from Amazon - their service could just put the CD in your library when they ship you the disk. Pretty slick…no need to even unwrap the disk to get the FLAC.

I am concerned that Amazon’s entry is going to accelerate Roon’s desire for more hardware integrations at the expense of interface development. Concerned…not the same as belief.

If we look at Amazon’s entry as an indirect threat to Roon, it’s there. If we look at it as a potential awaking of the unwashed masses to higher quality listening, that can only be good thing for us users.

I have bought music from Amazon in the past. It is all showing up in the Amazon app on my iPad, iPhone, and Dell laptop along with streaming albums I have just added. But, I never bought CD’s, just downloads.

As far as I’m concerned then for this potential customer (me) no need to even ship the CD, a FLAC download will do me just fine. It’s a Roon feature I asked for within a week of buying a Roon license and well before the Amazon HD announcement - the ability to have an integration with online download stores (e.g. Tidal and/or Qobuz) where, if I hear something I really like via streaming I can click a button to buy it and have it added to my Roon library. If Amazon start offering HD and UltraHD purchases as well as streaming it would be really well placed to capitalise on this behaviour.

I’m actually more excited about the possibility that, following on from the HD streaming service, Amazon might start offering HD purchases on a wider range of stuff than Qobuz & Tidal so that it might become a very rare occurrence for me to have to buy and rip a CD myself. I use streaming to discover stuff but I also like to carry my whole collection on my phone for offline access (aeroplanes, tube trains etc) so I tend to still buy quite a lot of content to get fully-owned files that I can copy to my phone.

1 Like

They already do that but in the past they streamed as mp3. I haven’t checked to see if purchased music is now streaming sad or had.

I just added 354 albums to my Amazon Music playlist. Come on Roon!!

I sent a request to the amazon team from the music app and got the following (automated?) response.

"Hello Billy,

From your email, I can understand that your concern about have any plans to support Roon integration.

Please be informed that, there is no any update regarding support of Roon integration, Please accept my apologies inconvenience caused.

Thanks for the great suggestion(s)! I shared your idea(s) to plans to support Roon integration with our Amazon Development team.

Please feel free to forward any future comments or suggestions about our website to us. Each suggestion will be read and taken into consideration by the business team best suited for reviewing your idea.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve the selection and service we provide, and we appreciate the time you took to write to us.

We look forward to serve you again soon.​​
We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the links below to tell us about your experience today.
Did I solve your problem?"

1 Like

That didn’t say much, except that some Amazon employees could improve their English. The “shared with Amazon development team” is ofcourse BS, and besides its not like the dev team is in charge of which functionality to add.