Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

I keep repeating that exact same thing to people on the Bose customer forum. Some are constantly complaining because a system they bought years ago can’t do this and that.

1 Like

I find it absolutely maddening that folks these days expect not only immediate updates, but, also an unlimited number of them.

There are people complaining in other places who can’t understand why Amazon Unlimited HD is not functioning flawlessly on their ten year old laptop!

2 Likes

■■! I am a lifetime subscriber and Roon certainly does owe me! I did not sign up for a static product, but for a product which will change over the years. I was not asking for a detailed answer from Roon, just an acknowledgement that they are looking/working on it. [Moderated]

2 Likes

Companies do not divulge what they are working on and they owe you nothing but what you already have.

It’s amazing that anyone who has an opinion that the roon team is behaving in alignment with the behaviour they normally display. For example, not commenting on speculation then that perfectly reasonable view is dismissed and the Fan Boy dismissal is trotted out.

Do you think buying ticket to a sporting event entitles you to a say in the team’s transfer policy?

2 Likes

Well I believe the big difference is that roon is a rather small company and we invested into a work in progress. So I guess we all have the feeling that we are part of the progress and can be part of where the journey goes. Sort of a community driven development. There were times when it seemed that the people from Roon were more accessible in this forum, it has become a bit quiet. I did not buy a finished product, more like an investment in its future.
Probably not the only one who thinks that way.
Yes I bought life when I thought it was ready to invest into and I really believe in its future.
But it definitely was not a finished product then, just something I really liked to use.

So no I do not expect them to answer absolutely every question and every whim, but just keep this forum alive and give us customers the feeling you are listening. This is not Apple or Amazon, it is more like a cumfy little bar where ideas can flow and sometimes become reality.

3 Likes

You mis-understand.

All Roon owes lifers is the promise that they no longer have to pay for an annual subscription.

I’m also a lifer.

6 Likes

The company I work for is not obliged to tell me everything they are doing behind the scenes, so why should Roon be obliged to, your not a share holder.

And even shareholders are not entitled to know what is going on behind the scenes. That would be “inside information” that is actually illegal to know and use to trade stock.

This thread seems to be building a lot of outrage from some about something that we don’t know we can’t have yet? No news is good news on that score I reckon, on the basis that an answer would come soon if it’s ‘no chance’. Few, if any, companies can/will respond in relation to third party negotiations. Maybe we are too used to some openness about solely internal future Roon developments. We fare better on that than the majority of companies in the Industry.

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: High resolution audio from Amazon

Its been a trying day, my back is killing me and I’m up late working over time on a Sunday night. So thanks for the laugh!

1 Like

As a Roon lifer and Prime subscriber, I’m very interested in Roon-Amazon integration. A big +++1 from me!

I notice that Auralic stated on their forum that it will take them quite some time to even find out who to talk to at amazon about this, so it obviously caught them out. I suppose they have ‘commented’ though.

That’s ridiculous . Auralic should have been talking to someone 5 months ago Sounds like a cop out to me

I really have high hope that Roon will do something right with respect to Amazon Music HD.
But so far the silence from Roon is deafening…

1 Like

Do you think Roonlabs is perhaps oblivious to Amazon’s entering the lossless streaming market? I’m pretty sure that you can rest easy in the knowledge that they’re highly unlikely to ignore it and highly likely to say something when there’s something to say, whether it’s positive or not.

How do you guys listen to music if silence is deafening? I actually hate silence because all I can hear is my ringing ears of the past 30+ years.

4 Likes

The sound of silence.
But seriously, the silence from Roon is worrisome.