Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

Fully agree with your point Martin. Could not have said it better!
Cheers.

3 Likes

I sent the following via Chat to Amazon UK customer service. The chat rep said he would forward it on to the Music backend team…

I see that you have introduced a new music streaming service: Amazon HD. I am a current subscriber to Qobuz at the Hi-Fi Sublime+ level. The reason that I have chosen this is twofold: 1) it provides me with high-resolution audio streaming at audiophile quality (up to 24bit/192 kHz), and 2) Qobuz is seamlessly integrated into Roon, which streams to all my audio equipment and devices and provides me with a richer musical experience than just listening to the music.

For me to consider Amazon HD rather than Qobuz, Amazon would need to make your Amazon HD service available through Roon. If Amazon wishes to engage with the audiophile market, it seems to me that you should be giving serious consideration to delivering it via a full integration with Roon.

7 Likes

I submitted an email to Amazon requesting that they integrate the new Music HD service with Roon. Would love to have the additional option, so at this point it seems as though that’s the best we can do.

I’ll encourage all Roon subscribers to do the same.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Will this approach work with Roon too?

I also submitted an email to amazon suggesting they integrate with Roon and received an email back saying they will forward it to their music business team. I canceled there service a few days ago because I have no way too listen to ultra hd through my stereo system and told them unless they integrate with Roon that I will not be back. I currently have subscriptions to both Qobuz and Tidal and will continue with them at least until if or when other chooses are available.

1 Like

That’s just too slow and gets lost in the noise. Twitter storm is the way.

4 Likes

I’ve submitted my email as an opportunity for improvement. We are a small group but we need to make ourselves heard by Amazon.

Also want to thank roon for letting us know what’s going. Everyone asking roon for integration now needs to ask Amazon directly.

This also lets me know that if integration were to happen, it wouldn’t be for another year. So now I have to put pressure on Qobuz to improve their catalog.

1 Like

I just sent a feedback email to Amazon, requesting them to make the Amazon Music HD available thru Roon.

2 Likes

I can’t see why roon should consider jriver or plex, both are heavily into DNLA which Roon would not even consider, . Add to that JRIver believe that streaming is destined to financial failure. Maybe JimH will reconsider in the light of Amazon

Roon however does see the jriver WDM driver as an output

This a problem with Primephonic and Idagio, they work fine but the only I can use them is airplay or Bluetooth, nothing to get to my main system

I must try one of them on my Mygica tv streamer, it’s android and seen on the network

I have a chord mojo/poly and a devialet amp. You may or not be aware that there have been ‘teething’ problems with both. They both have forums and I have followed them throughout and all I noticed is that people ask/speculate/ make things up and the companies work at their own pace and ignore it all. It’s worth it in the end but I guess if you buy innovative products then you put up with waiting for extras to be added…that’s my opinion anyway.

I was just making an extreme example to make my point. I personally wouldn’t touch DLNA for streaming.

I use it in parallel with Roon to my ageing ears they sound the same, it’s all about music not hi fI as I fast approaching 70, my golden ears died long ago

Jriver allows for customisation of views which helps in big classical box sets until Roon offers a solution :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Understand. I’m sure the sound quality is likely identical. For me, There are issues with dlna depending on player and how it deals with gapless and synchronized streams over multiple players at once, etc. that’s why I moved to LMS and squeezeboxes about 14 years ago.

I use a Cambridge Audio CXN for DLNA and a RpI / Allo Digione with Riopeee for Roon Plus MyGica 1960 for video

All absolutely trouble free

These days it’s a high end Samsung Soundbar and my trusty Sennnheiser HD 800 via an amp for ME :blush:

1 Like

Here is the Amazon’s response to my feedback:

Hello,

Thanks for sending us your suggestion about Amazon Music HD.

Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers. I’ve passed your suggestion to the Amazon Music team for consideration.

We hope to see you again soon.
We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.
Warmest regards,
Amazon Music

Sent my note to Amazon and received basically the same response – no surprise.

Hello,

I understand that you want to Access Amazon music HD service on Roon.

I’ve passed your message as a feedback to the Amazon Music team for consideration. Customer feedback like yours helps us continue to improve our products and provide better service to our customers.

We look forward to seeing you again soon.

We’d appreciate your feedback. Please use the buttons below to vote about your experience today.

Warmest regards,
Amazon Music

Yes, it’s a canned response. I think it is better to get in touch with someone in person, preferably someone who can make a real decision.

True, but real people can’t be contacted by thousands. These feedback emails do get looked at and organized. Numbers count. I know Roon is on their radar already. They need to get over internal humps. That happens with demand, not an individual making a decision.

6 Likes

Good news!