Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

It is very naive to think companies or corporations should or do respond to such speculation. Either they will or they will not have some sort of integration. Until it happens, act accordingly.

2 Likes

The issue of not responding to integrating Amazon comes from the fact that they’ve responded in the past about other services. Either with a “we’ll look into this” or something with Spotify about “they’re not interested” or “this company won’t provide us enough data to make this work”. Don’t remember getting complete silence.

I’m be been wrong on all my speculation but I’m guessing the silence means they’re working on something and can’t say until either negotiations fall thru or integration is released.

Silence, to me, is that something is still going on, no news yet but in progress.

Good grief.

the moderator sort of responded, not sure if he is from Roon or not.

He’s not. /10char

1 Like

exactly. :wink:

Hi,
I don’t represent Roon, I just help out on the forum to keep it on an even keel.

For clarity, my post was just to aid some balance it was not meant to imply or otherwise any path or view that Roon has on this.

1 Like

thanks for clarifying.

1 Like

We’ve had discussions with Amazon Music about an integration but they haven’t agreed to anything. Roon’s streaming service integrations require more than an API, which is what most services provide. We need daily catalog database dumps from partner services, and providing them requires some resources to implement and maintain.

Well said.

Good. If anyone else wants to see Amazon Music + Roon, the story is the same as it was with Qobuz: push Amazon to do it. Big companies move slow and often require a big push from potential customers.

24 Likes

So what’s the best way to let Amazon know? We need everyone on roon who wants this to push Amazon for it.

1 Like

Someone asked on another forum about Lumin integrating Amazon. A Lumin rep said “no comment.”

Don’t buy their service unless is through roon?

I was thinking a more direct approach. Where’s best place to send them feedback?

1 Like

Couple of things:
1- Spotify will do whatever they need to do commercially. Any expressions of direction in the absence of a threat are worthless.
2- Apple, I understand, have requested max resolution from their Apple Music providers for quite a while, then producing the “Mastered for iTunes” (or whatever it is called) by themselves. So I am pretty sure they already have such content.
3- Apple, like Spotify, is an adaptive firm, and if this becomes a selling factor be very sure they will jump in. So far it has not been given the punny TIDAL+Qobuz numbers, but now the game is on.
4- If TIDAL/Qobuz go down - what is the impact of the Amazon entry on their projected user growth you think? - this will basically render Roon a LOT less interesting to me.

2 Likes

https://music.amazon.com/help/contact
https://twitter.com/amazonmusic
https://www.instagram.com/amazonmusic/
Amazon Music

The best technique is the same that works for all protests – lots of feedback, over long periods of time, from a variety of people.

I’ve seen it work on Qobuz, and many Roon Ready/Roon Tested partners. You all are a minority, but you spend big compared to the average mass-market user, and you carry respect. Believe me, they want you more than you want them. It’s true of every service.

10 Likes

I followed the Amazon.com link, but it leads to a bottomless pit of choices for the entire Amazon ecosystem. The Amazon HD FB page has various photos, with thousands of views, but very few actual comments, like 4 or 5. So I picked one and posted a request for Roon integration there.

Hopefully someone knowledgeable in these sorts of things can provide guidance regarding what and where is the most effective way to post Roon integration requests once one reaches the various social media platforms.

1 Like

Very well said Martin. My thinking aligns entirely here as well. Thanks for speaking your mind on this.

2 Likes

Encouraging words Danny. Thanks :smiley:

Nice. One other option for feedback might be to do the trial, not proceed when it runs out, and then give feedback to them if/when they ask why.

6 Likes