Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

I’ve commented on this and what I would say in your response to the “why”:

Personally, Tidal doesn’t serve me well here in the Bay Area and Qobuz has an incomplete catalog and will always. Now, I won’t challenge the technical aspect of Amazon Music’s steaming tech. But, in the unlikely event that integration with Roon may happen, that could be addressed.

So, I understand your points (and mostly agree), but not everyone’s experience with Tidal and Qobuz is ideal.

1 Like

Well I’m finally see some of the holes in Qobuz’s library filling in, so now less interested if integration happens this year.

A small benefit would be being able to use my Echo speaker to play specific songs if I have a Amazon music membership. This is more a benefit for my son.

The biggest issue even with integration is the complaint that some of Amazon’s albums are mix and match. One track in cd quality and another in hires. Like they threw all tracks into database and reassemble instead of specifically tagging them as coming from the same original album. I didn’t test Amazon enough to see if this was true or how often it happens. Could actually be fault of record labels. Even in Qobuz for some best of albums I’ve seen listed as mixed format. So possible issue is not unique to Amazon.

Well maybe if roon tried to integrate with Echo then Amazon would have more interest.

Personally I will stay with Qobuz & Tidal. And would prefer roon work on other things. But I recognize working with Amazon would bring more attention to roon and that might jump start lots of stuff.

1 Like

+1 Roon with Amazon Music

1 Like

Why? I don’t get it…

Joni knew Amazon before there was Amazon.

I just started the 14-day trail of Roon. Can anyone tell me whether Roon works with Amazon Music?

You don’t want to give any money to J-zay, but you want to give it to Jeff Bezos instead ???

In the Roon app, go to Services and you’ll see which streaming services work with Roon at the moment.

No, It does not. They’ve been in talks but no news in quite a while

So Amazon Music is not supported. How disappointing!

1 Like

You should look into why it’s not supported. Also, with the streaming services we have and the quality they offer, we don’t need it.

5 Likes

Since this thread is back, -1 on Amazon integration. Reward the companies that have been providing superior services for the last few years, even if they don’t have all 7,982 albums someone might want.

3 Likes

Not as much as Amazon Music, a service that can’t provide all it’s content at natve sample rates on any of it down apps. It’s a joke and the UI like their TV is a mess.

1 Like

It isn’t so much that Amazon Music is not supported by Roon; it is more that Roon isn’t supported by Amazon Music. Semantics? Yes. But very real.

5 Likes

PLEASE bring this service on board. I’ve used them all and this one is the best IMO.

1 Like

As has been stated many times in this thread, it isn’t up to Roon. It’s up to Amazon.

Posting a plea here doesn’t do much good. Pleading with Amazon might be more effective.

3 Likes

Yep, 700 posts on something Roon had no influence on. Maybe this thread has run its course?

1 Like

It’s far from the best. It’s app is awful, it doesn’t support exclusive control of any DACs on any platform so cabt sample rate switch per source resolution so is fixed at what your system settings are.

1 Like

Threads like these are good, it shows Roon (and perhaps indirectly Amazon) that its a wanted feature.

2 Likes