Integration of Amazon Music High Resolution

IMHO, the only way that Amazon would let Amazon HD be integrated into Roon would be if they BUY Roon, lock, stock and barrel.

According to Merriam-Webster, “HATE implies an emotional aversion often coupled with enmity or malice.”. So, hate is worse than loathe, as loathe does not imply enmity or malice.

I guess that depends on which dictionary you look at.

I’m totally with you and just cancelled Qobuz in favor of Amazon Music HD. Even though, I am a lifetime subscriber to Roon, I hardly use it anymore. :worried:

2 Likes

its not difficult to get Qobuz if its not available in your country. Just use a VPN to sign up…yes just sign up. Use a free VPN. And there you go. Give it a go, you have free months trial too…whats not to love?

I don’t need a VPN I can get it already. I very much doubt this way is actually supported by Qobuz I Imagine any issues and you would be on your own to sort them out . Also it’s likely this hole will get filled at some point like they do for other streaming services.

Why would you move from a perfectly good platform that works as it should in hifi scenarios EMG bit perfect playback to a platform thats so fundamentally flawed for hifi and for the most part is not bit perfect.

2 Likes

I guess they need to save that $2/month, LOL. In one hundred years time enough for a new higher end DAC! Amazon is great for its original programming (currently making any way through season 2 of Hannah) and getting the odd bit of office or home supply the next day, but that’s about it imo.

My reasoning is because the Qobuz library is not good enough for me, my use cases have changed such that there is not a huge benefit in having Roon, and Amazon Music HD has a complete catalog and a good value for my family.

1 Like

The article headline about Amazon makes it sound like Amazon HD is not HD… but read the article. I have a BluSound Node 2i like in the article and he says it does do full 24.192… This is why I am on a trial for Amazon. Qobuz is simply not getting a lot of the releases I want (new Indie music, catalog reissues in HD) Maybe Tidal is now? Anyway, as everyone above has said I wish Amazon would offer Roon integration… sounds like it ain’t happening which is sad. BluOS and Amazon’s app both not very good compared to Roon!!

3 Likes

Its not HD though for the majoroty of use cases only Bluesound currently really is bit perfect and native sample rates. All other platforms are limited to either CD or 48/24 or up or down sample based on the DAC and hardware.

1 Like

I totally miss Dave Matthews Band on Qobuz and Tidal. On Amazon Music everything is there.
So is Amazon Music on the Roadmap for Roon or not? Did anyone from Roon team confirm it or not?

1 Like

Many times it’s been commented on, the ball is with Amazon not Roon at this stage. They don’t want to give Roon what they need to integrate in the same way as they do with Tidal and Qobuz. Roon will not change how it works just for one service.

1 Like

Ok.thanks.

Is the availability of Dave Matthews albums on Qobuz a regional thing? I did a search and a bunch of DMB albums came up (in USA).

1 Like

I’m based in the UK, and I can’t see any Dave Matthews albums in Tidal.

1 Like

There are implementations of Amazon Music into other apps, like Sonos. I know that it is not the way Roon wants it, and they need a deeper reach into Amazon Music’s service, but I would still prefer to have that then nothing at all.

Perhaps that might even be a way to open the door to a proper integration in the future.

For roon, it’s all or nothing. They stated in past willing to add any streaming service if it’s willing to share with them what they need for full integration.

But what you also need to know is we have no idea if anything has changed since they last spoke about Amazon. With Qobuz, I believe they said people needed to talk with Qobuz if they wanted it to happen but never spoke of that integration again until it launch. Only issue was Qobuz had loose lips and let it slip ahead of time. So it is possible they’ve worked something out with Amazon and could be released in next upgrade or later but roon barely talks about what’s in the works.

1 Like

Where I come from that would actually be considered a feature… :wink:

5 Likes

Initially, I thought support Amazon Music was a good thing, but now on a second thought - it is better to forget Amazon because I personally do not want to see Qobuz, and Tidal to go down if it were to happen.

3 Likes